If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wanna buy summet

Options
  • 04-08-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

ok i havent got a clue. im looking at all these threads with abreviated words and its doing my head in. i used to think i new about stereo systems and the like but things have moved on so much anyway, basicallly just looking for a decent high fi system. i mostly listen to heavy metal so great sound would be the most important thing, also being able to hook it up to the tv i suppose. i could spend around 500. any recomendations?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Vanhalla

You'd get a very good system for that sort of money especially if you go the seperates route, Amp, speakers, CD player etc.

A couple of the lads in the shop are into metal so will have no worries pointing you in the right direction.

Check out www.richersounds.ie or give them a bell on 0044 333 900 0070

They have lots of options that will meet your needs there.

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Vanhalla wrote: »
    ok i havent got a clue. im looking at all these threads with abreviated words and its doing my head in. i used to think i new about stereo systems and the like but things have moved on so much anyway, basicallly just looking for a decent high fi system. i mostly listen to heavy metal so great sound would be the most important thing, also being able to hook it up to the tv i suppose. i could spend around 500. any recomendations?

thanks

Vanhalla,

Many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - you know not a lot really has changed if you are just looking for the very best audio quality at reasonable money especially if it's mainly music that you are into - you are still best to stick to the decent stereo brands such as Denon, Marantz or Cambridge Audio - I would also advise that you stick to stereo rather than surround sound especially if your main preference again is music.

Here are a couple of options:

Cambridge Audio Azur Topaz AM5 Amplifier - £119.95
    Cambridge Audio Topaz CD5 V4 CD Player - £139.95

Here is a video that explains the ethos behind the new Topaz series.

Add the final bit speakers from Mordaunt Short - The excellent Aviano Ones which retail at £199.95

The system total is £459.85 - I can do you a system deal at just £399.95 / €499.99

If you wanted another option have a look at this Marantz Amp / CD combo:

Marantz PM5003 CD Player - £219.95

Marantz CD5003 CD Player - £219.95

Add the final bit speakers from Mordaunt Short - The excellent Aviano Ones which retail at £199.95

The system total this time is £639.85 - I can do an even better deal on this system for you at just £499.95 / €599.99

Finally a Denon option:

PMA510Ae Amplifier £199.95

DCD510Ae CD Player £199.95

Boston BACS26 speakers (Great with metal!) - £199.95

Again the system total is £599.85 - and your Boardie deal price is £449.95 / €549.99

The Marantz would be great with Music however my favourite would be the Denon / Boston Combo - at this price it would both sound great and be an amazing deal.

Thanks again and keep me posted if there is anything we can do to assist or if you would like me to reserve anything for you - all the above kit is in stock & ready to ship next day.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

thanks john.
    il get back to you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.