Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bianchi v giant v ??? help

• 04-08-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

So I am returning to cycling after many years off... When I last commuted back in the early nineties I had my own hybrid built....

Claud Butler O/S aluminium frame with slim wheels and slicks and a close ratio campag rear cassette with 105 groupset...

Now it would seem that they are making this and everything in between straight off the factory...

I'm away for the summer so I wont be in my LBS for a while, just want to get my head around options for now

I have my eye on one or two machines and am wondering where I in the grand scheme of things

I am looking at a bianchi camaleonte II disc... a giant rapid... a lapierre shaper... cannondale quick

I'll be doing a dublin suburbs to city centre commute, so it needs to be hardy, but I want it to be fast...

the bianchi is attractive, but I'd have to buy it sight unseen...

and as it says all over every tom dick and harry has a giant/trek...

I don't want to end up in a mini, when I wanted a golf, or a lotus elise when I wanted a 3 series... if I can stretch a metaphor...!!!

JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

bump

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Get the lightest one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭daroadlescycled

So I am returning to cycling after many years off... When I last commuted back in the early nineties I had my own hybrid built....

Claud Butler O/S aluminium frame with slim wheels and slicks and a close ratio campag rear cassette with 105 groupset...

Now it would seem that they are making this and everything in between straight off the factory...

I'm away for the summer so I wont be in my LBS for a while, just want to get my head around options for now

I have my eye on one or two machines and am wondering where I in the grand scheme of things

I am looking at a bianchi camaleonte II disc... a giant rapid... a lapierre shaper... cannondale quick

I'll be doing a dublin suburbs to city centre commute, so it needs to be hardy, but I want it to be fast...

the bianchi is attractive, but I'd have to buy it sight unseen...

and as it says all over every tom dick and harry has a giant/trek...

I don't want to end up in a mini, when I wanted a golf, or a lotus elise when I wanted a 3 series... if I can stretch a metaphor...!!!

JB
    If you follow the "wisdom of the crowd" Giant or Trek are very popular, if you want something different then the Bianchi is the way to go , I think they are a cool bike, although have no experience of cycling one.
    Good luck with you search.

BostonB wrote: »
    Get the lightest one.

fair call

are they are all much of a muchness purpose wise....

the rapid seems to be more road than hybrid....

and to be honest I'd sacrifice some weight for some durability....

I destroyed many rims when I rode a road bike in Dublin previously....

That why I ended up going down the MTB frame with road transmission and touring rims.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ge the one with the strongest wheels then...

Advertisement