Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My pet keeps getting deleted.

Options
  • 04-08-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

There's some bug with WOW where it keeps deleting my hunter's pet making it neigh on impossible to level up. Any one else have this problem?

I reported a ticket and the GM two days later s/he said that yes my pet has been deleted and now it's been restored etc. Five minutes later my pet was deleted again. I reported another ticket and received a response two days later from a GM who basically said that I needed to feed my pet (he was fed) and I should fill in a survey because he wanted to be the best GM ever.

He didn't even read my ticket properly. All in all I've lost about 6 days because of this and am waiting on my third ticket response. It's really annoying considering I just bought and redeemed a 60 day card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

As in you could be in the middle of a fight and he'd just disappear? I've heard of this before, as the GM said are you sure he's not running off because he's unhappy, only thing I can think of to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Well I was feeding him but now that he's gone I still can't train any new pets. The game says have too many. It's just really annoying that it took so long to get 2 responses from a GM and yet the problem still isn't sovled, considering I'm paying per day and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Possibly a stupid question - hes definitly deleted, not just out of range?
    For example, none of the following work:

1) Cast "Call Pet" - if he exists and is alive, he'll appear
    2) Cast "Revive Pet" - if he exists and is dead, he'll appear
    3) Look in character screen, pets tab -> if pet exists, he'll be listed

I guess if all 3 fail, he's definitly deleted. Never heard of anyone with that issue.

Dave

Tried all 3, he's gone ;(

Someone on the WOW forum told me to delete my cache. Will try that later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

That's a really weird one, never heard anything like that happening before.
    If you go to a stable, can you exchange pets there at all or even see any of your pets ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Pets no longer run away if there unhappy so its not that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delete any addons you are using, and then see if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Dont play a hunter, but I know pets favor certain types of food. Are you feeding them the right food type? and the portrait next to his picture is very happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

what level is your hunter?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

i am very sceptical about it being a cache issue.

That's me alright although Boards.ie will always be my firs love!

He's level 41. I cleared the cache and that seemed to do the trick either that or the GM did something behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

is this in the cataclysm beta or live wow that its happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Heh, I had the opposite yesterday. I abandoned my pet so I could get a tanking pet instead.
    Abandoned -> No probs -> Mounted -> Found a bear -> Dismounted: Pet Returns :eek:

and yes I abandoned, not dismissed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

is this in the cataclysm beta or live wow that its happening?

Looks like its the live servers!

Advertisement