Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trolling motor for inflatable dinghy

• 04-08-2010 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

Decided to get myself a trolling motor for the dinghly as my arms were falling off today after 45 min the water...

Its for a Sevylor Oasis KL87 inflatable dinghy. Its about 8ft long and usually has 1 adult, 2 kids under 10 in it.

The instructions say to get a SBM or SBM18 and the box has 1.8kW or 2.5hp motor max to use.

I googled the SBM18 and it says its a 180W motor. Few clips on youtube showing it pushing around a similar size dinghy with no problem.

Wouldn't a 2.5hp engine be a bit on the big size for a boat this small? I know nothing about these so please any advice is appreciated.

Also, where in Ireland (North or South) would be best place to go to get me set up with a motor?

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement