Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband speed slowed down - new socket?

• 04-08-2010 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Basically, last Thursday for some unknown reason my Magnet broadband went, Magnet got it back working yesterday but the download speeds are down to 5mb instead of my usual 17/18mb.

I've been told by them that they can see it working fine and it's more than likely my phone socket in the wall that is the problem.

My question is how do I go about getting this fixed, should Magnet not fix it as I'm paying them the line rental? Or is this my responsibility?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Mr Bleech wrote: »
    Basically, last Thursday for some unknown reason my Magnet broadband went, Magnet got it back working yesterday but the download speeds are down to 5mb instead of my usual 17/18mb.

I've been told by them that they can see it working fine and it's more than likely my phone socket in the wall that is the problem.

My question is how do I go about getting this fixed, should Magnet not fix it as I'm paying them the line rental? Or is this my responsibility?

Thanks

hi
    as far as i know it is eircom who has to fix this if there is a fault in the main socket..maybe magnet rory here on boards can help you further :p

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Mr Bleech wrote: »

Thanks

Can I help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mr Bleech

Can I help?

Did you get the pm I sent after last night?

Advertisement