Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super slow upload on smugmug?

• 04-08-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I have to upload photos on Smugmug - 16 folders containing each 30 photos, size 2.2MB or smaller. They are currently downloading at a speed of 16Kb/s !!!!!
    My photos are the right size according to Smugmug, and I downloaded MacDaddy as well, but it makes no difference at all. I also tried to upload them from Picasa, and it's the same story.

I have broadband, not dial up, so why it is so slow????

Unfortunately I HAVE to use smugmug as it is for work, so switching to Picasa is not an option..

Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

It depends on your broadband speeds, Most ISP's rarely offer above 128kbps on the basic packages which works out at 128kbps /8 = 16kb/s second upload which is right.

Nothing wrong with either unless you've got UPC 30mbps or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mar12345

Hi Ricky91t,
    Thanks for that. But how come i could upload the same pictures on Picasa in a fraction of the time it takes Smugmug?
    Cheers

Hmmm
    Ok then, Go here http://speedtest.net/
    Click 'Begin Test' then when it's done click "Copy Forum Link"

Then paste here and post, It'll look like this:
    903418407.png

This will show what your connection speeds are, it could either be a smug mug issue or an issue with your ISP

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mar12345

Ahhhh, just tried it, can't seem to copy the icon, but here's what it said:
    Download: 0.79Mb/s
    Upload: 0.05Mb/s
    While i did the test, I still had 2 computers connected to the network uploading the pix, not sure if that made a difference
    (sorry, I'm not quite a techie!)
    Best bet is probably to leave the laptop upload overnight.
    Cheers anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

That's very poor speed, what are you supposed to be getting from your ISP? I'm on 8mb/1mb and wish I had faster tbh

903455947.png

• Advertisement

That's very poor speed, what are you supposed to be getting from your ISP? I'm on 8mb/1mb and wish I had faster tbh

903455947.png

Not if you're uploading from 2 laptops, If you use your upload your whole connection seems to struggle. It might be a 1mb connection though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Aye, you are supposed to do these tests with nothing down or uploading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Also if you have sky boxes in your house disconnect the phone line into them whiile you are doing big down or up loads. Even with the filters on them the slow up the speed drastically.

I know this probably isn't the problem on this case but worth mentioning.

Advertisement