Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Important Apps On Your Android Phone

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The only thing that's brought me back to sense is the lack of a decent alternative to the friendstream widget

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Chet T16 wrote: »
    The only thing that's brought me back to sense is the lack of a decent alternative to the friendstream widget
    The paid version of launcher pro has a widget identical to the friendstream one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

And TweetDeck > any FriendStream widget.

It might not be an exact replacement but that App is the business when it comes to Twitter/Facebook on your android.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

4)Dolphin Browser HD - Thoroughly recommend this browser. Almost as featureful as a full size desktop browser! The HD version is for more high end phones I suppose. The basic Dolphin Browser is also very good.

for some reason this doesn't work in forums for me? neither the quick reply buttons nor the normal reply buttons work. and occasionally it just seems to freeze up and i have reboot the app. anyone else have these problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The paid version of launcher pro has a widget identical to the friendstream one
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    And TweetDeck > any FriendStream widget.

It might not be an exact replacement but that App is the business when it comes to Twitter/Facebook on your android.

I'll have to check those out, turns out friendstream isn't as good as i remembered it being when i wasn't able to use it
    for some reason this doesn't work in forums for me? neither the quick reply buttons nor the normal reply buttons work. and occasionally it just seems to freeze up and i have reboot the app. anyone else have these problems?

I've been using it on forums (vbulletin and ipb) without problems on my 2.2 desire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I uninstalled some of add-ons and it's been working great since.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Is there any way of going offline on the new Facebook update. Don't want to be receiving messages in chat when in not even on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

rushnaldo wrote: »
    Is there any way of going offline on the new Facebook update. Don't want to be receiving messages in chat when in not even on it?
    When in chat where it has your online friends listed, press menu and theres a go offline option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

1-MIUI (Miren) Browser - no other browser beats this for Android, was initally Chinese language only but is now available in many different langiages,an essential app.

2-Power Amp - Undoubtely the best music player on Android one of only 3 apps ive ever paid for.

3-Titanium Back Up - A godsend as you can back up your apps and uninstall, delete or reinstall them.

4-Cabbage - This is a great app but im not sure it always works 100% as on occasions some people ive sent texts to using this haven't got them?

5 -Amazon Kindle - Excellent free app you can also download free ebooks.

6-Tune in Radio - Has radio stations from arond the world, excellent free app.

7-Barcode Scanner - Very handy to have, mostly use it to scan apps.

8-Sky + You can view and record any programmes from your phone which is excellent.

9-Irish Flight - Doesn't always work but most of the time does an invalueable app for those who fly a lot like me.

10-Shazam - I had to buy this as 15 out of 17 tunes i didn't think it would ID it did, an amazing app to have.

Advertisement