Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TOUR DE PICNIC

• 04-08-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Join one of the most exciting cycling events in Ireland this year as the Electric Picnic and unveil a ‘Tour de Picnic’ cycling fundraiser to this year’s Picnic.

In participating you will be fundraising for a very worthy charity, Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, in return for a free ticket to the festival, as well as remaining true to the eco friendly philosophy of the Picnic. Oh..and did we mention how much fun you’ll have?

The 90km cycle ride will leave Dublin at 10.00am on the morning of Friday 3rd September, on a protected cycle route along the quiet, scenic back roads to Stradbally. There will be mechanics on hand to help with any problematic bikes and ensure that everyone arrives in Stradbally safely and in time to enjoy the first beats from the main stage at Electric Picnic. Avoid traffic tail backs and enjoy the lovely countryside and fresh air en route to the festival. Your bags and tents for the weekend will be transported for you and will be waiting there for collection when you arrive at the specially constructed and secure bicycle parking site on the Stradbally Estate. You and your bike will also be transported back to Dublin.

By joining the ‘Tour de Picnic’ you will raise much needed funds for Temple Street Children’s University Hospital, and it couldn’t be simpler.

1.Fill in your details and we’ll do the rest to get your “fundraising wheels in motion”
    2.Once you reach your fundraising target of EU500 you will receive your free Electric Picnic ticket and cycling itinerary.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/the-tour-de-picnic-for-temple-street/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

have been considering doing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

me 3 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I've been thinking/talking about this for a while.

How hard is a 90km cycle? Something I should've been training for over summer? I'd absolutely love to do it, bit worried about my chances of it now though.

I cycle for about half an hour (round trip) four days a week for getting to work, and then maybe one extra hour cycle a week. I think I'm a pretty decent cyclist, can keep a good pace over those short distance. It's the long distance I'm worried about.

Here's my bike;

bike-1.jpg

What do yis think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

You'd be grand. its not catering for speed demons. I'd say you'd have no hassle at all. I'm gonna head down but I'm making my own way with panniers etc.. cos I'm double hard. like danny dyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

cos I'm double hard. like danny dyer.
    thats hard alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭polariz

I was gonna do this but the problem is .. I love cycling, I love festvals, everyone knows this.. so who's gonna give me money to do both!? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭buffalo

polariz wrote: »
    I was gonna do this but the problem is .. I love cycling, I love festvals, everyone knows this.. so who's gonna give me money to do both!? :)

I eventually found a solution - I'm matching every donation. In an ideal world, I'll raise exactly €250 in sponsorship, and put in €250 myself. But I'll probably have to pay a bit more.

I'm raising money for charity, but without making people I know pay for my ticket. Everyone's a winner! :)

Also, I'm doing it on my beater to make it a bit of a challenge. :D

funkyjebus wrote: »
    thats hard alright
    Its facking hard alright. But I still won't take pony on a piece of cling film.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAmQw_hN4iY#t=1m24s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Awwwh.... I'd love to do it, but I'll be a week away from being 18!! Hopefuly you'll do it again for me next year! Such luck!:eek:

Awwwh.... I'd love to do it, but I'll be a week away from being 18!! Hopefuly you'll do it again for me next year! Such luck!:eek:
    This Tour de Picnic is being organised by the festival itself, not anyone on here.

But anyone is welcome to join my convoy of one if they want to head to the picnic by bicycle. Will be leaving on the Friday morning from Dublin.

bring some clingfilm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭buffalo

So is anyone else definitely going? I'm not sure if I can make any boards.ie gear visible under the tshirt, but I'll try. They put me in the A group, despite my rusty steel-framed steed. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement