Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding in Limerick City

Options
  • 04-08-2010 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I feel this situation is becoming out of control recently.
    A new mod was appointed and one "Billy the Squid" took terrible offence to him not being informed.
    The result????
    Him throwing his weight around and banning for new reason (including me).
    Here is the latest piece of nonsense

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055987154

Please someone stop this powertripper (plenty previous issues with him).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

He was banned for using the ethnic slur "pikey"

This has always carried a severe ban, along with the use of any other ethnic slur

This user has not contacted me via PM as per the Dispute Resolution Process.

You can publish this post now please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

gihj wrote: »
    I feel this situation is becoming out of control recently.
    A new mod was appointed and one "Billy the Squid" took terrible offence to him not being informed.
    The result????
    Him throwing his weight around and banning for new reason (including me).
    Here is the latest piece of nonsense

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055987154

Please someone stop this powertripper (plenty previous issues with him).

Ok, we have a dispute resolution procedure for such situations. The link is in my signature.

However, I would ask that you make your case in a civil, level-headed and polite manner.

Throwing out accusations of "nonsense" and calling people "powertrippers" will get you nowhere, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Oh and as to the accusation that I was somehow "deeply offended" by Insect Overlord being appointed without consultation or foreknowledge this is a little ott.

AWhilst I will not deny my annoyance at the events, having communicated with both the CMod and the responsible Admin at the time of the appointment I am satisfied with the responses they gave me, and had considered the matter closed.

You may now publish this. Thanks.

Advertisement