Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wheel Of Hype Is Turning!

Options
  • 04-08-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

So, with the import of BlazBlue ; Continuum Shift upon us, I propose a tournament for BB, seeing as the last one had was a good while ago, and the level of BB has climbed somewhat in the community, as well as the amount of players, both super-serious-guys and casual.
    This is just a tester poll I'm putting out to see who's interested in having such a thing and when suits. I will try to avoid any and all collision with anything already organised and I'd be super appreciative if any of the council mans would think to lend some advice to a scrubby tourney organiser such as myself (seriously, I'm just mashing dps over here...)

Since it would probably a fairly small tourney I'd try to run it with double elims and with no entry fee, so whoever wants to have a go won't feel any wallet strain. (Casuals pay in as normal still apply :P)
    After the tourney, anyone who's interested can just keep rolling on with games, or, if there's some new blood interested in picking up the game, they can ask the stars of the tourney for some pro...ish tips on picking it up.

Just to clarify why the 7th and the 14th are not included; the 7th is Inferno (what rock were YOU under?!) and the 14th is Dramatic Battle up in the North. I want to try to avoid as best I can any per-arranged tournaments that are on, but I don't know of any on on the 21st or the 28th as of yet...so there*:P

Since the PS3 is also superior in every possible way (not to mention the TVs are better...and imports WORK) the tourney will be PS3 based in the XGC.

After all, even Hype Dog is interested in this idea.:pac:

Get Hype(,dawg)?

What date should the Wheel Of Hype turn to Rebel 1 (Action!)? 12 votes

21st! It'll be great! We'll Blaz till we're Blue in the face!
    0% 0 votes
    28th! It's more like a real tournamentable date, since it's the LAST Saturday of the month!
    33% 4 votes
    I would love it! But not these dates, they are stale. Instead...
    58% 7 votes
    No. I don't like BlazBlue. Now excuse me while I retreat into my shell, I'm mashing.
    8% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If I'm there on the day, I will play.

I assume it'll be CS on PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

If I'm there on the day, I will play.

I assume it'll be CS on PS3?
    Yup. Added it into the main body. Forgot to mention it. Silly me*:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I CAN TELL WHEN I'M NOT WANTED :C

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Hells yeah, not sure if any of the date suits me tho >.< and also still waiting for my copy of bb.

But i fully support you (voa) on this idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Count me in

Hakumen comin to buss heads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I was thinking of doing DoC on the 21st so I'm going to vote for the 28th and then we have a full month of tourneys.

Although I just realised that midlans and SvB are in there somewhere. There really is too much stuff on these days. I think Midlans and SvB is the weekend of the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I voted the 21st, I think my debs are on the 27th and I cant see myself making it to a tournament the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

If the tourney is free I'd definitely try and enter. Not so sure what dates I'll be free/in Dublin until closer to the day though.

I'd be interested in learning to play in the meantime (I'm not even sure what the 4 buttons do).

If it comes to it though, I'll just mash dps bees

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

28th IMO.

Gives a full month to train.
    Stops GorySnake from winning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Voted 28th as to avoid clashes with SVB/Midlans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jeebus.

I want to support you Voa but no offence SF is my love and if there's a choice it's going to win, and it looks like there could be SF to play every weekend this month. :(

But if you find an opening, I'll be there to lose in the first round and moan about how unbalanced it all is.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Colour me Balzblue! I need to learn how to play this game!

Oh yeah voa just to let you know 28 is when Nom con is on. so some anime/gaming ppl will be going to that instead.

Maybe ask to hold a BB tourney at Nom con?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Maybe ask to hold a BB tourney at Nom con?

I think there is gonna be a BB tournement in Nom con, but since it's a 1st ever convention not sure how many people would go to play games, most i know that go are big anime lover but casual gamers.

I'd play in a convention fighting game tournament just to pimp fgs.

Nom Con(wtf?) would probably be better. As long it's not too expensive for con + tourney then I'd go along.

The Cons are a great chance to grab new people and get them interested.

Yeah I wish we could have showed up in more force for Q Con as there were upwards of 40 new people there.

Who's only real interaction with us was to get MURDERED by us. The time frame was so short it was one fight, only top 1 got through.

Except for chunkis, who managed to lose to people :P

If we'd more time and space to get people interested...

BBCS has an easy-inputs mode too, btw.

What do you think I am, a Cammy player?

(please note I am perfectly aware of the irony of this post)

• Advertisement

Oh **** I forgot about Nom Con!

South side bitches!

Will only take me about 30 mins to get there instead of the usual 45 for town :(

Aw WHAT.

Also, there's no way to edit a poll is there? If the 21st clashes with SvB and midlans, and the 28th is Nom-con, I'd be willing to move this on into September quite handily.

(Also I just got my exam timetable this week, and it's all coming to me on the 31st till the end of the first week in September so the later I leave the tourney the less I'll actually be trying to organise it. And I'd rather do nothing (till later) than do a half-assed job.)

So...if no one has any real objections, Rebel 1 (Action!) for some un-clashing date in September? Probably week 2 in September to dodge the Inferno, and hopefully any other tournaments/cons?

Sounds good Voa.

Take it from me, just organise the damn thing and roll with it.

Also Nom Con details? Are they running FGs? Cost? Location? Also whats the crack with Eirtakon? Will they be running Super? Or other FG?

Well then, as long as no one has any serious objections, Saturday the 11th of September it is.
    PS3
    Double Elim.
    Free entry.
    Wheel (and dog) of hype!

...get hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

That date should work for me, will have to borrow someone's stick though.

Orim wrote: »
    Sounds good Voa.

Take it from me, just organise the damn thing and roll with it.

Also Nom Con details? Are they running FGs? Cost? Location? Also whats the crack with Eirtakon? Will they be running Super? Or other FG?

Eirtakon always have some sort of fighting game tourny running. Last year they had svif on sunday and sc4 on the saturday. As for cot of nom con i payed 35 for a weekend ticket. id say a regular ticket for one day will be around 15 squids
    NOM CON

This is a preliminary list of the gaming Tournaments for anyone interested? It should all be confirmed in the next couple of weeks ^^

FRIDAY:
    Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

SATURDAY:
    Tekken 6 (PS3)
    Modern Warfare 2 (PS3/360, which console will be announced later)
    Blazblue (PS3)

SUNDAY:
    Super Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
    Halo 3 (Xbox360)

All throughout the day there'll be free play of those games (unless the machine's not being used) and these too:
    Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Wii)
    Left4Dead1/2 (360)
    Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
    Soul Calibur 4 (PS3)
    King of Fighters XI (PS2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Someone has to put the lads running these FG tournaments at the cons in touch with us, for real.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Someone has to put the lads running these FG tournaments at the cons in touch with us, for real.

I think I'll try and handle this, I have a couple of people involved in the con scene who'll vouch for me.

Where is Nomcon on by the by? Is it that D4 hotel out in Ballsbridge, yeah?

• Advertisement

Voa wrote: »
    Where is Nomcon on by the by? Is it that D4 hotel out in Ballsbridge, yeah?
    Yeah the exact one.

Here's a map

You'll notice that Lansdowne Road is only 5 minsute walk away too.

Me and a friend are definatly going to Nom Con, it's gonna be good craic, even for you non-anime heads :p

Advertisement