Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoff Draw Friday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

One word of caution is that they play on an astroturf pitch.. possibly an issue?

Still, its just fantastic to see Tottenham Hotspur pulled out of the hat in a Champions League Qualifier Draw

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

fantastic draw for us,could not have done better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

COYS! two professional performances and we will be where we all have dreamt about for years now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

All in all we should be delighted that we drew the lowest seed (i think)! Lets not get carried away though, there is still a lot of hard work to do and Young Boys will be no push-overs!

But with the team effort shown against Benfica mid-week I am predicting a 1-0 win for the yids in the Wankdorf and 2-1 yids @ WHL. Great draw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rahl

It's the best draw we could have got :D

But as said, we better not underestimate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great draw for us,I hope the team will get some practice on an Astro turf pitch before heading over there,but as another poster here said I can smell Wednesday Night Football.Happy days ahead hopefully.:):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

We should beat the young boys. We will be a laughing stock if we don't as we all seem SO cocky now with the draw, myself included

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I'm a pessimist. I predict that we beat Young Boys, come third in the group and end up winning the Europa League in the Aviva....

WHL wrote: »
    I'm a pessimist. I predict that we beat Young Boys, come third in the group and end up winning the Europa League in the Aviva....

I no this is off subject, but The Europa League Final is on in the Aviva?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Yep - Europa final is in the Aviva next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I really wish Defoe hadn't come out and said we are going to do better than Arsenal in Champion's League. Let's qualify first for heaven's sake. He's a bit of an idiot really.

*nods in agreement*

Similar to when Keane spoke out last year before the arsenal game and then we got our asses handed to us.

tippspur wrote: »
    Great draw for us,I hope the team will get some practice on an Astro turf pitch before heading over there,but as another poster here said I can smell Wednesday Night Football.Happy days ahead hopefully.:):cool
    What will Bill and Dunphy make of us I wonder!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great draw but pretty much agree that not to underestimate anyone.

I had a deep deep feeling that we would get a nightmare draw. Can't wait to hear the likes of "no no bill Defoe is lethargic and shouldn't be on the pitch" followed by a swift brace in the second half :)

I also agree Defoe shouldn't dream of saying things like that, it's got nothing to gain and everything to loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Probably cut the arse off us.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'd be surpised if they even mention us as both of them are colour blind like most of the Irish Media and can only see or acknowledge teams in Red colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

in all honesty if we dont beat young boys we do not deserve to be in the group stages.

they got this far so they deserve a bit of respect but a professional performance should see us go through.

come on you spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just wanted to bump this thread! readin some on the comments here( my own included) and the result of tonight.

that old saying of chickens n eggs comes to mind.

mind u i was very surprised by the start of the match with both young boys and spurs. as good as they started we were terrible to start. second goal could have saved our blushes

Hard to get anything positive of of getting a hiding but at least its only half time.

OK I will find something positive. Wake Up Spurs! we are still in it. and after 1/2 hour we hardly deserve it. Its going to be some night in WHL next Wednesday. I wish i was there. the atmosphere is going to be something else, 90min from glory COYS!!!

Advertisement