Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triton t90

• 04-08-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

water coming out but not heating. element or pump ?

plus any way of detecting a leak ? stain on ceiling in bathroom. water tank above it but i cant find any leak. the insulation around the tank is wet but i cant see where its coming from.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

plus any way of detecting a leak ? stain on ceiling in bathroom. water tank above it but i cant find any leak. the insulation around the tank is wet but i cant see where its coming from.
    thanks

If you turn on the water is it being pumped....

if so its not the pump. To verify turn the dial all the way to cold and see if its pumped fast.

Anyway 99% of the time its the element...

Eartridge in maynooth handle repairs.

Is your tank near the chimney brest...is the leak from the flashing....

Get a cardboard box and flatten it and put it near the leak... If you have chalk rub the box on the side faceing up... When it leaks the chalk will stain at the point the water hit....

You dont always need the chalk but it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

thanks

Can be be a stat too, its prob not the pump.

Its either the stat or the heating element.

Earthridge wll repar this, you can send it to them at a cost of 35 euro min plus parts, but not costing more than 150.

They can call out too, min charge is 80 quid i think plus parts..

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

thanks. where would i be without the fine citizens that post on here.

Advertisement