Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes a "slut"?

• 04-08-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Just wondering why if a guy has sex regularly ( with different girls ) he is considered to be a complete hero among the lads and if a girl does it , she's a slut :confused:

Its always been the above with my friends and everyone we know. Just out of interest , have any guys out there gone home with a girl on the first night he met her and been called a slut?

Also , couldnt decide on an appropriate thread title so sorry :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

It differs through different age groups. Not bothered going into detail now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Our cat is a slut.::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

galwayrush wrote: »

Your pussy is a slut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If women stopped calling other women 'sluts' while merely calling the guys 'players' then that would be a great start to ending the distinction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A horrible horrible word. No woman should ever be referred to as a slut and the fact that many men do is both shocking and sad. Who cares if a woman has sex with lots of men. It's a free country we live in and if no harm is being done it's no-one else's business. People really just need to find something else to bother themselves with.

Sorry for the mini rant. I really hate that word and feel that any man who uses it isn't worth giving the time of day too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

PARARORY wrote: »
    Just wondering why if a guy has sex regularly ( with different girls ) he is considered to be a complete hero among the lads and if a girl does it , she's a slut :confused:

Its always been the above with my friends and everyone we know. Just out of interest , have any guys out there gone home with a girl on the first night he met her and been called a slut?

Also , couldnt decide on an appropriate thread title so sorry :rolleyes:

you only realising now that there are differences between the sexes that make little or no sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

These guys make slats

I think I need new glasses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm sooooo tempted to do the Your.... But no. Christ that was close.

What makes the diff between a "slut" and a "nice woman"? Discretion.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

dsmythy wrote: »
    If women stopped calling other women 'sluts' while merely calling the guys 'players' then that would be a great start to ending the distinction.

Agreed... The girls I know think its attractive for a guy to be a player... yet the lads think its a turn off when the girl is sleeping around - unless they want a quick shag an nothing more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

galwayrush wrote: »

She sure is, way too many pregnancies there, will someone think of the Toms..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A horrible horrible word. No woman should ever be referred to as a slut and the fact that many men do is both shocking and sad.

Girls call each other this far more then a guy ever would.

A group of women gossiping together can be vicious with their remarks and put-downs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

A key that opens many locks is a master key. A lock that's opened by many keys is a sh*tty lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

aDeener wrote: »
    you only realising now that there are differences between the sexes that make little or no sense?

I thought the point of this website was to discuss things....... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

PARARORY wrote: »
    Agreed... The girls I know think its attractive for a guy to be a player...

Not attractive at all.

A key that opens many locks is a master key. A lock that's opened by many keys is a sh*tty lock.

Take it to the Lock forum, Key Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Look in the mirror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

At dawn, a rooster wakes up & crows: "Cock-a-doodle-do!"

A slut wakes up and shouts "Any-cock-will-do!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

AnonoBoy wrote: »

I think I need new glasses.

Me too. I can barely see that! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Don't forget, a lock that leaks fluid every month and can be streched to the size of mellon when the time is right is also a ****ty lock. :p

LOL FANNY JOKES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

A slut imo is a woman who sleeps with any guy that gives her a bit of attention. She has no inhibitions and will fk married men, friends fellas, or anyone else to make them like her. Then feel like sht afterwards.
    Big difference to a woman who sleeps with many men because she enjoys sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

B0X wrote: »
    LOL FANNY JOKES

Apt username :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mojesius wrote: »
    Not attractive at all.
    Apart from the good in bed aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Dudess wrote: »

Sleeping with many women doesn't necessarily mean a guy is good in bed. Quality > quantity and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

A woman is a slut if she has had sex with many men but wont have sex with me.

YOU SLUT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

B0X wrote: »
    Don't forget, a lock that leaks fluid every month and can be streched to the size of mellon when the time is right is also a ****ty lock. :p

LOL FANNY JOKES

Your name reminded me of one.....

mcvities have just brought out a new biscuit range....."CLITORIS CREAMS"..they carry a guarantee."one lick n you will want to eat the box!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Man who sleeps around, enjoys himself- Legend
    Woman who sleeps around, enjoys herself- Slut

We still have a backward mentality about some things, and sex is one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Just because a bloke has countless notches on his bedpost doesn't mean he's great in bed. Plus, they exude an aura of crotch-rot. No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Girls that string guys along, two-timers, dresses tarty, just sleep around with just any fella. Those who have affairs. Guys can be too! Just that they are labelled 'Players' That is my diffinition of slut.

WindSock wrote: »
    Sleeping with many women doesn't necessarily mean a guy is good in bed. Quality > quantity and all that.
    mojesius wrote: »
    Just because a bloke has countless notches on his bedpost doesn't mean he's great in bed.
    Yeah, but the odds is good... :pac:

Once he's vigilant about being safe and doesn't have a player attitude (i.e. actually has sex with women he fancies/likes, not just sticking into any hole and then laughing at her afterwards) it's a good thing, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If it weren't for sluts, I wouldn't be a hero :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Is the term (or equivalent) widely used among the Gay/Lesbian community ?
    Girls call each other this far more then a guy ever would.
    A group of women gossiping together can be vicious with their remarks and put-downs.

Indeed women (rightly) complain about this age old "double standard" but then do a lot more to perpetuate it than blokes ever do

..........................Generally

jester77 wrote: »

And with one post he caused sluts everywhere to disappear in a puff of smoke.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

What makes a slut...?

As Roy Castle used ta say;

Dedication, Dedication! Dedication's what ya need! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

snyper wrote: »
    A woman is a slut if she has had sex with many men but wont have sex with me.

YOU SLUT!

That is very inslutting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

As Karl Hungus mentioned if a man gets with a raft of chicks it tends to take effort, charm, interest and spade work. With no bearing on how he will end up or guarantee of sex. And if that guy has an abundence (sic) of these qualities that are successful on numerous occasions - the guy has worked his ass off and deserved his legendary acclaim.

On the other hand - a woman simple can walk up to any fella and just prop a ride. And 9 times out of 10 will get it.

Chicks are like bouncers and Dudes are like underage teenagers without ID. That teenager has to bull**** and charm his way in through door like a pro. Where as a bouncer just picks whoever the want to let in in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Chicks are like bouncers and Dudes are like underage teenagers without ID. That teenager has to bull**** and charm his way in through door like a pro. Where as a bouncer just picks whoever the want to let in in.

Wooing is definitely out....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

As Karl Hungus mentioned if a man gets with a raft of chicks it tends to take effort, charm, interest and spade work. With no bearing on how he will end up or guarantee of sex. And if that guy has an abundence (sic) of these qualities that are successful on numerous occasions - the guy has worked his ass off and deserved his legendary acclaim.

On the other hand - a woman simple can walk up to any fella and just prop a ride. And 9 times out of 10 will get it.

It's true. All a woman needs to do to get laid is turn up. Job's a good 'un.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

not just sticking into any hole
    I'm biting my tongue with this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

dsmythy wrote: »
    Wooing is definitely out....

why so? no harm for a guy to woo a girl! you be amazed at the results!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Crap.. I think I might be a slut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

jester77 wrote: »

And you'd probably still be a virgin...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the posher/snobbier the girl and the frequency of which she attends rugby matches is a good measure of a tramp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Sluts FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Man who sleeps around, enjoys himself- Legend
    Woman who sleeps around, enjoys herself- Slut

We still have a backward mentality about some things, and sex is one of them.

equality can't be there for men and women and can't be, a man can't hit a woman but a woman can hit a man? same sorta thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

mink_man wrote: »
    equality can't be there for men and women and can't be, a man can't hit a woman but a woman can hit a man? same sorta thing.
    Like hell. Not the same sorta thing at all.

mink_man wrote: »
    equality can't be there for men and women and can't be, a man can't hit a woman but a woman can hit a man?
    Plenty of people would be of the view she can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

Yeah, but the odds is good... :pac:

Once he's vigilant about being safe and doesn't have a player attitude (i.e. actually has sex with women he fancies/likes, not just sticking into any hole and then laughing at her afterwards) it's a good thing, imo.

well not really, the girls are gonna have to sleep with him in the frst place to know if hes good so he could be ****e :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This has to be the most asked question in thre history of questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've been called a slut because I have a pack of male friends that I always hang out with. Even though I am not sleeping with any of them. So that makes absolutely no sense. Everybody just thinks I'm banging (ha!) them all.

And in the case of "actual" sluts, whatever! Fair play to them I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I proud to say that I am a complete and utter slut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement