Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes a "slut"?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Practice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

steve06 wrote: »
    Nope, just introducing her to new things :D

Unless she knows what they are and educated on the subject yet she may not have practiced it!...it might help but not knowing is not good cause she might not know if she is doing it right or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Neither is right if you ask me...means taking advantage of a girl like that....?

:confused: Huh, no when I say guys would more than likely prefer to be with a girl who is not "worn out", it means, em, well, a girl who has not had too many partners and eh :o is not worn out...down there...you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

:confused: Huh, no when I say guys would more than likely prefer to be with a girl who is not "worn out", it means, em, well, a girl who has not had too many partners and eh :o is not worn out...down there...you know.

ah I see I thought you meant a girl who wasn't deflowered...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A vagina isn't like a tyre....

As opposed to a woman who's been in a LTR having regular sex for quite some time, yeah?

Don't shatter his precious illusions! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I think many guys are afraid that if they sleep with a woman who is "experienced" he will be compared to bloke x y and z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I recently broke up with my OH, of 7 years who was the only man I have ever been with. About 2 months after I went to see a friend pay a gig in Galway and i ended up getting off with the bass player. I did'nt sleep with him but other things happened.

When my female friends found out the all reacted the same way : you're a big slut, you got used, you acted likea hoe etc.

Where as my male friends took the piss out of me for not sleeping with him etc..

Now somehow, despite only sleeping with one man I have rep for being a slut.
    And it was my female friends who perpetuated this....

What is a slut anyway....define? Is it a woman who has many partners at once, someone who has loads of one night stands...both...something else?

No, for you see a vagina is a lot like a marraige

Just eat the damn orange!!

Also:

That youngwan has had more pricks than a used Dartboard....

• Advertisement

DigiGal wrote: »
    When my female friends found out the all reacted the same way : you're a big slut, you got used, you acted likea hoe etc.

I think you need to reconsider the "friends" bit

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think you need to reconsider the "friends" bit
    I would much prefer my friends to be honest to my face than call me a slut behind my back tbh

I would much prefer my friends to be honest to my face than call me a slut behind my back tbh

Being honest and being nasty for the sake of it are two different things.
    And if they're doing anything behind your back, they're definitely not your friends

I recently broke up with my OH, of 7 years who was the only man I have ever been with. About 2 months after I went to see a friend pay a gig in Galway and i ended up getting off with the bass player. I did'nt sleep with him but other things happened.

Where as my male friends took the piss out of me for not sleeping with him etc..

What is a slut anyway....define? Is it a woman who has many partners at once, someone who has loads of one night stands...both...something else?

You need new friends :confused: My friends would never judge each other like that. Some of my friends have slept with a lot of people, some have only slept with a handful. Some are against one night stands, some like them. But we all respect each other. One of the girls broke up with a very long term boyfriend recently. She went through a phase of about 3 months of having a different guy on the go every couple of weeks. We'd all just have a laugh about the stories she'd come back to us with after a weekend...she was having a laugh, enjoying herself and not hurting anyone. Nothing wrong with that.
    No, for you see a vagina is a lot like a marraige

Just eat the damn orange!!

Que?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Women are their own worse enemies as regards this slut thing since they are generally the ones who engage in this name calling to their suppsoed friends rather than then men as you pointed out in your previous post.

But they're wrong. You're far from a slut. Ridiculous carry on from supposed friends!

bluewolf wrote: »
    Being honest and being nasty for the sake of it are two different things.
    And if they're doing anything behind your back, they're definitely not your friends
    I asked their opinion, they gave it...not behind my back but to my face.

I'm not going to stop being friends with people o've known for 6/7 years who i study and work with jut because they don't agree with my being with someone i've just met. Just like they wount stop being friends with me because they don't agree with what I did.

If one of them is going out with a guy and he is an arse, i'll tell her straight up, instead of discussing it with the rest of the group....I think thats much better than what goes on with the groups of friends i see in college and in work and people i used to go to school with...

At least i'm sure if they have a bad opinion or are annoyed at me about something, it will go no further than me, not everyone they meet on the street that week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Slut:

1.a woman with the morals of a man

Example: "Dude, did you get laid after the party." No, I ****ed Megan, the slut"

by Urban Dictionary :D

Women are their own worse enemies as regards this slut thing since they are generally the ones who engage in this name calling to their suppsoed friends rather than then men as you pointed out in your previous post.
    Exactly, I even find myself doing this, I think "what a slut" as if its conditioned in my brain....

• Advertisement

But they're wrong. You're far from a slut. Ridiculous carry on from supposed friends!
    I know i'm not

But the females of the group think i am, the males on the other hand....keep calling me a virgin ec...ah well, ya can't suit everyone so its better to suit yourself....they'll get over it :D

I asked their opinion, they gave it...not behind my back but to my face.

I'm not going to stop being friends with people o've known for 6/7 years who i study and work with jut because they don't agree with my being with someone i've just met. Just like they wount stop being friends with me because they don't agree with what I did.

If one of them is going out with a guy and he is an arse, i'll tell her straight up, instead of discussing it with the rest of the group....I think thats much better than what goes on with the groups of friends i see in college and in work and people i used to go to school with...

At least i'm sure if they have a bad opinion or are annoyed at me about something, it will go no further than me, not everyone they meet on the street that week

Do you not think it's wrong that they call you a slut for hooking up with a guy (not even shagging him??) that you just met?? What age are you and they if you don't mind me asking??

Na, its not like they meant it maliciously, they just explained that it was a bit slutty, but I asked, they didn't just start ripping into me or anything, and they were right about the guy in the end too.

I'm 19, they range from 22 to 26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭veryangryman

A key that opens many locks is a master key. A lock that's opened by many keys is a sh*tty lock.

That has to be post of the year. Id thank you twice if i could. Well done dude! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It was mentioned before in the thread already but guys don't call women sluts unless they are slagging or are junkie scumbag types. It's women who do this to other women. I think there was another thread a while back about if/why women are so nasty to each other. I don't know if it ever got sorted but I think this whole "slut" business is just a part of it.

Na, its not like they meant it maliciously, they just explained that it was a bit slutty, but I asked, they didn't just start ripping into me or anything, and they were right about the guy in the end too.

I'm 19, they range from 22 to 26

You're 19 and you were in a relationship for 7 years?

• Advertisement

You're 19 and you were in a relationship for 7 years?
    Yes...and? , I actually am 20, I wrote 19 as a force of habit, I was 20 in february

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You agitated the surface of the soil around plants, to remove weeds?
    Bitches.

Also, **** the begrudgers.

Yes...and? , I actually am 20, I wrote 19 as a force of habit, I was 20 in february

Wow, very young to be with someone that long!

Anyway, don't mind your friends...their opinions are wrong :cool:

Exactly, I even find myself doing this, I think "what a slut" as if its conditioned in my brain....

My point exactly. Even you're admitting that you do naturally without any real concious thought being put into it. I honestly just can't understand why :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Que?!

It was, like so many other things in life, a Simpsons reference.

I dislike the word personally, find it very inslutting.

• Advertisement

Maybe your female friends like your ex-boyfriend and are just not used to seeing you single. You have been in a very long relationship and after two months, to be with someone else, they may have felt betrayed if they were hoping you two would be back together. It is nasty for them to say those things, but talk to them and see what they say.

Your male friends took the piss out of you for not sleeping with this stranger? That is more shocking than what your girl friends did. It sounds like your guy friends may like you more than "just friends".

I would never encourage or slag a female friend for not having sex with a stranger, bizarre.

It was, like so many other things in life, a Simpsons reference.

I dislike the word personally, find it very inslutting.

Orange? ;)

Your male friends took the piss out of you for not sleeping with this stranger? That is more shocking than what your girl friends did. It sounds like your guy friends may like you more than "just friends".

What? Not at al IMO. If they did they would hardly be slagging her for not having sex with another guy.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    What? Not at al IMO. If they did they would hardly be slagging her for not having sex with another guy.

You're spot on there. Surely if they liked her as more than a friend they'd be pissed off that she was with another guy, not egging her on:confused:

You're spot on there. Surely if they liked her as more than a friend they'd be pissed off that she was with another guy, not egging her on:confused:
    Yeah exactly.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Yeah exactly.

Stop agreeing with each other ;)

Na, but think about it. If they are slagging her for not being very promiscuous, maybe they kinda fancy her and are hoping she will become promiscuous with one of them. They want to be a rebound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What has sleep got to do with anything?

Na, but think about it. If they are slagging her for not being very promiscuous, maybe they kinda fancy her and are hoping she will become promiscuous with one of them. They want to be a rebound.
    I disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The-Rigger wrote: »
    What has sleep got to do with anything?

"Sl" is common to both "slut" and "sleep".

It is also present in "slime", "slip", "slide", "slow", "slurp", and "slack".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'd agree with you here.

• Advertisement

I'd agree with you here.

I disagree :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

One of the girls broke up with a very long term boyfriend recently. She went through a phase of about 3 months of having a different guy on the go every couple of weeks. We'd all just have a laugh about the stories she'd come back to us with after a weekend...she was having a laugh, enjoying herself and not hurting anyone.

Best weekend of my life and then she went and broke my heart... the slut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭LarrytheLantern

Iran has the right idea when it comes to dealing with these slags.

Buried up to their head in sand, and .............:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What makes a slut ?

Two people of the opposite sex doing what sluts do best . . Giggidey Giggedy . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Iran has the right idea when it comes to dealing with these slags.

Buried up to their head in sand, and .............:eek:

Let he who has no sin cast the first stone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Somebody who has the misfortune to sleep with am idiot, often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

NoHornJan wrote: »
    Let he who has no sin cast the first stone...
    This "Don't criticise anything that's not western, even if it's brutal torture/murder, because you're not an angel yourself" stuff is becoming contagious on Boards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Ridley

Dudess wrote: »
    This "Don't criticise anything that's not western, even if it's brutal torture/murder, because you're not an angel yourself" stuff is becoming contagious on Boards...

As long as it's not sexually transmitted...

----

"slut [sluht]

–noun
    a dirty, slovenly woman.
    an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute"

That's what a dictionary says. I would have said a slut doesn't even have the foresight to at least turn a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

a slut is an easy female .

Why the long thread ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I dunno. How long is a piece of thread?

Advertisement