Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set Up A Radio Station in a Youth Centre

Options
  • 04-08-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi im working with a group of young people in ballyfermot, We have an idea of setting up a radio station, Any ideas of how to go about this? do we need a licence if we only broadcast for a few hours a week? if so how much is one? How much is a transmitter if we decide not to just use web do you need a licence for web radio. And any other info i need to know to make this happen for teh young people any support greatly received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Brener wrote: »
    Hi im working with a group of young people in ballyfermot, We have an idea of setting up a radio station, Any ideas of how to go about this? do we need a licence if we only broadcast for a few hours a week? if so how much is one? How much is a transmitter if we decide not to just use web do you need a licence for web radio. And any other info i need to know to make this happen for teh young people any support greatly received.

Is there not two stations close to you to try and work on, West Dublin Access and Liffey Valley?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Brener wrote: »

Yes you need a license if you broadcast on the airwaves, no matter how long you broadcast for. You don't need one for web radio, however you should still be paying for the right to play music. Proper radio transmission equipment is expensive.

As suggested already, I'd say it'd be a good idea to get in touch with WDAR in Ballyfermot or Phoenix FM in the Blanchardstown Centre.

Advertisement