Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trek 4500 or 4900??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 healthygirl

Anyone???

Want to order today:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

You might want to check out this deal on Real Cycles if you are looking for a starter MTB: http://www.realcycles.com/products.php?plid=m1b0s2p1880

Has a better fork than the Trek, and is in the same price range. Gets good reviews: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/zen-1-07-12938

Thanks Silvo, I have to get a 24" frame as I'm 6ft 5" (Dont let my username fool u!:D), so I'm quite limited for choice

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

even at 6'5 are you sure you need a 24in bike?

Both bikes would be more than suitable for Ballinastoe, maybe you could save the 100euro and put it towards gear, helmet etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dont let my username fool u!

You're not a girl? Or you're not healthy?

• Advertisement

neither!

xyz123 wrote: »
    even at 6'5 are you sure you need a 24in bike?

Both bikes would be more than suitable for Ballinastoe, maybe you could save the 100euro and put it towards gear, helmet etc.

Yeah my road bike is a 62cm and the seat post is up to the max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

the later has a poplock that might be helpfull .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Thanks Silvo, I have to get a 24" frame as I'm 6ft 5" (Dont let my username fool u!:D), so I'm quite limited for choice

Ha I know the feeling. I am 4'11" and trying to get a 13/14" frame is just as hard! Someone should set up a "Little and Large" shop for bikes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

silvo wrote: »
    Someone should set up a "Little and Large" shop for bikes :)

Eurobaby/Eurocycles?

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Eurobaby/Eurocycles?

LOL

Here's a nice one for you Silvo:
    http://www.eurocycles.ie/Boys_Bikes/Raleigh_G-dt-I-dt-_12_INCH/3735_p.aspx;)

went for a felt q720 in the end, decent bike??

thanks for the info guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

felt q720 its a nice choice...but i would consider u to ask in the shop and manage to buy the FELT Q920:rolleyes:...in eurocycles-eurobaby u can always talk about price...and get it bit more down...:p

i am not making add...but i am really happy with thems service...in last few mounths they saved my life manytimes..:D

and buying bike online...i would prefer to try it before buy it..>:) so u can just go and have a look m8...:cool: i am running ballinastoe on beginner basis and the bike is working more than well...amazing what u can do with proper hardtrail..:)

will recomend save up a few more € and go after Q920..the forks are far better than 720...even the brakes..juicy five..at your lengh i say they will be just great for u..:)

and about trek..i would say its nice looking bike(look isnt all)...but a bit heavy...at the end of the day..4900 wont make u happy and after while u will need change..whats mean loose for u m8....

u cant go wrong with felt..and btw in eurocycles on longmile road u can try both..they do Trek and felt 2...:)

Advertisement