Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

musicians wanted for studio work

Options
  • 04-08-2010 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

we are a new independent record label based in north Dublin we are currently
    working on a new project and are looking for talented musicians of all kinds to provide the production for a range of emcee's and vocalists. There will be an opportunity for anybody interested to come out to the studio and display there talent. This project will be completed over two months once the slots have been filled and will take place in a top end studio with a rehearsal room attached some of the tracks may be laid live and there will be rehearsal and recording sessions taking place over the period.

we are looking for:

base player
    drummer
    lead guitar
    rhythm guitar
    keys

and are open to any other musicians that might suit the project which will be a hip hop album consisting of various irish based emcees vocalists and dj's.
    for more details please send me a pm, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

This sounds like fun, are all the tracks written? I'm a guitarist and I've wanted to work with hip-hop stuff for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

hey im a drummer might be interested in this!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FSWU

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭drumdrum

Drummer here also, and am very interested in this.

Lots of previous studio experience and I also play a bit of guitar and piano so I have a good understanding of interacting with those instruments via the drumkit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Gavin Wheeler

Hey hows it going? Im a drummer with some studio experience . Im in to different types of music . Jurrassic 5 , the roots , dj shadow , dmx (swiss beats ) are in there .I love the feel of dmx's stuff ( not so much the lyrics!) and jurrasic 5 just have amazing beats .
    Give us a shout if youre interested .
    Cheers

• Advertisement

if this doesnt happen or whatever any drummers here wanna have a hip-hop/rock/ funk jam?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bogdin

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭stevenbass

does it pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Gavin Wheeler

@ Zombienosh , I'd be well up for a jam either way .Meet up even once see what happens . If it does happen there'll still be free time to jam, what d'ya think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 innovation00

hello people to answer afew quesions being asked:

yes this will and is definitly happening

There will be a cd produced by the group and there will be a launch night
    and promotion taking place close to the release. The purpose of the project and what were trying to do is create good music.
    I will post a link to the studio we will be using soon i should have it up in the next few days also everybody who pmd me i will reply to you all asap but in the meantime please mail me a sample of your skill weather video or mp3. anyone who has already done that sit tight i will be onto you soon.

All i can say at the moment is there is some amazing raw talent already signed up, and we are currently tieing off all the lose ends paper work wise so this project should be off to a quick start once the people have been selected, there will also be more things happening in the future along the same lines so anyone not suited will be notified for future projects.

As far as style of music we are aiming for there really are no boundries although the tracks will all be hip hop the artists supplying vocals are versitile so it should be fun.

• Advertisement

@ gavin yeah lets jam either way, im hugley infuenced by limp bizkit/rage against the machine/cypress hill, all about the funk rock sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mdcritchley

yeah i wouldn't mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sambora01

Hi, I am a very experienced guitar player with both studio and live experience, are you still looking for musicians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Woodzy

im interested heres a link to some of my tracks there, Im a lead guitarist, have a mesh of a rap song and me up there to give you an idea where im going! if this doesnt work ANYONE WANT TO START A NEW BAND IM SO SICK OF JAMMING ON MY OWN!! %^&*:(

http://www.myspace.com/melodicmusician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jayvilla

Hows it going, I'm an experienced drummer, I play hip-hop,rap,rock. Im a big travis barker fan and would be very much so influenced by travis, john bonham, benny greb. I am 23 and have been in many bands and am currently in a band. I am very interested in playing some hip hop beats. Sure let me know

Advertisement