Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight Guests?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Just signed a lease with my friend for a two bed apartment, on the lease it mentions 'no parties' and they were very specific about not being noisy and being considerate to the other neighbors which is perfectly fine, I just have a question. Are we allowed to have the odd overnight guest?(my boyfriend lives on the other side of the country and will be coming up every few weeks just for the one night)

And can we have a few friends over to hang out quietly, not a party or anything like that, no loud music or anything, just to hang out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It shouldn't be a problem, but realise 4 people in front of the TV for Eastends can end up being 8 with beer infront of the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Just signed a lease with my friend for a two bed apartment, on the lease it mentions 'no parties' and they were very specific about not being noisy and being considerate to the other neighbors which is perfectly fine, I just have a question. Are we allowed to have the odd overnight guest?(my boyfriend lives on the other side of the country and will be coming up every few weeks just for the one night)

And can we have a few friends over to hang out quietly, not a party or anything like that, no loud music or anything, just to hang out?
    Of course you can have anyone you like over - you are paying the rent. As long as you are not disruptive to your neighbours then you will not have any issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No, you're not allowed any visitors whatsoever without written authorization from your landlord, 6 months notice required.

Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

From the sounds of it, your landlord probably had complains regarding previous tenants and noise and consequently inserted the 'no parties' clause into the lease in a bid to prevent a re-occurence of the situation.

However, no parties shouldn't necessarily mean no overnight guests. As has been mentioned before, so long as there is no noise or disturbance to your neighbours you should be ok.

Advertisement