Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow

• 05-08-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Wow

Every thread Ive started has been closed. Why is that? I have not broken any rules.

Yes I used to drink allot and then I stopped and then i started again briefly and now i am a non drinker again and would like to get in touch with other people who don't drink. Why are you locking all my threads???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Crackerjack23

good morning Tender Hoop

It looks like the legal information that the managers on this website have received is biased. I am not sure why they think the could be liable for people posting in relation to "Alcohol" and not liable for people posting in the forum "giving up smoking". They are both drugs and thats official. They said the web site is not a support forum but "giving up smoking" is a support forum no doubt. I also think that when people become involved in managing a web site such as this, they are also liable for being prejudiced which they are being unless they come up with a "full legal explanation" as to the liability difference between the two drugs, alcohol and smoking.

This liability reason is probably why they are deleting your posts.

Forgetting about whos right and whos wrong, I think they owe it to people to give a better explanation why they don't allow a "giving up alcohol" forum. At best it could stop the argument continuing year in year out.

This is just my opinion and no disrespect intended to anyone.

Advertisement