Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any programme to make 1 vertical photo from multiple?

• 05-08-2010 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is there any program/easy way to make 1 long vertical photo from multiple photos?
    In my photo blog the style allows only 1 picture per post.
    However I want to have several in the one post (to tell a 'photo story').
    Cheers,
    pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

photoshop, or basically any editing app,

just create a blank tall image, where width is same as the images u want to use

then add the images and arrange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

stcstc wrote: »
    photoshop, or basically any editing app,

just create a blank tall image, where width is same as the images u want to use

then add the images and arrange

No such thing as a stupid question but how do I 'create a tall blank image'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If you have Photoshop or pretty much any image editor:

File New and it should allow you to set the dimensions for the image you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

dinneenp wrote: »

Adjust the canvas size to twice the height or the desired size and copy/paste in your new image.

A simpler option would be to use irfanview (free for personal use).

Load it up and click image->create panorama image
    Select "Vertical"
    Add your images
    Click create image

It also allows you to space the image and put a colour 'band' between them if this is what you want.

Dead easy and no worrying about canvas sizes or copying and pasting.

One word of caution about what you are seeking to do, you are bloating your image size (in terms of the download) to double, triple or any multiple consistent with the number of images you are stitching together. Those on slower connections mightn't wait for the image to load and move away from your site thinking it not responding. If your theme allowed for individual images to be loaded then the issue isn't as evident as the initial image is likely to load and be viewed followed by the next image, and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

dinneenp wrote: »

New Image. In Gimp, if you select the widest of your
    multiple images first, the default size of a new image
    has the same dimensions as the selected image. All
    you need to do is change the height to a value big
    enough to cover all the other images.

94EBA304D40F4D64A85F2A5C0EA3089B-500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Infraview is the business- cheers.
    This is what I have so far,am just going to edit it a bit, decide if I should take some out, rearrange, fix the very tall vertical ones
    [IMG][/img]3095F1DC90804ECFB768B2018F465735.jpg

Advertisement