Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Vs Wired Connection

Options
  • 05-08-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭

Thinking about upgrading the network here to N capabilities since i have the new Xbox360, wondering if its worth getting some homeplug devices to wire up the xbox for optimum performance instead of N wifi?

The router we have at the min gets 3 outa 6 bars on the PC and 2 outa 5 on the xbox, some dead spots around the house and isn't that reliable... so i think its in need of an upgrade really... Internet isnt anything special 2mb connection though, the speed would really be for the internal networking...heres the speed from the pc about 15m from router.. xbox is further in opposite direction

903538458.png

anyone have any experience with homeplug devices vs wireless N wifi-ing is it really that much faster or going to make a difference?? getting the xbox up to good speed is the issue here really... We have a Pc in the house usually on 90% of the time, uses a normal wifi g dongle, But would be upgraded to N for media straming with the xbox, Or i could just get some homeplugs and do the xbox that way and have the same old wifi network

Getting a new N router and N dongle im sure would be sufficient enough for the network here right?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Everything in the network has to be to the n standard to get the full benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

What about lite N devices that boast the N network but with a max speed of 150mbps... it doesnt really make that much of a difference right unless transfering massive files in the home network?

Advertisement