Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

N900.

Super happy with it. This phone still impresses me. It can do almost anything, and it's fun to tinker around with it, like overclocking it and doing small bits of coding for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

This post has been deleted.

N900. Compared to some of the more svelte offerings on the market, it's a brick, but otherwise i'm happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

iPhone 3GS currently getting repaired and it's only 3mts old, happy with it for the internet but has to be one of the worst phones i've owned as far as doing the basics, i.e being a phone.
    Going to sell it once it comes back and get an x10 mini or mini pro, i just want a simple phone and a half decent battery.
    Going to dust off my old e71 this morning, now there's a good phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have a HD2. I do like it, little annoyances with windows mobile but on the whole, I love it. I find the screen the best thing about it,so big & great for browsing & touchscreen is fantastic.

Battery is a bit pants but once you get passed that, it is brilliant, absolutely love the phone and if you like Twitter, motweets is worth the purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

using HTC HD2 (love it to bits ;) )

had E51 (great phone at the time it came out),5800 XM (great for battery and music) and N97 (useless piece of crap) before i got the HTC HD2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,464 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

using HTC HD2 (love it to bits ;) )

had E51 (great phone at the time it came out)

What did you like about the E51? My experience with recent Symbian phones has been far from satisfactory and I made a big mistake in April when I bought an E55 which has to be the biggest waste of money ever, there's isn't even a Facebook version for it yet and it's out about a year.

well the E51 did everything i needed...ofc everything a nokia could do...HD2 kinda changed it ;) very happy wiht..especially since i can boot winmo and android on it ;) maybe WP7 in the future ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Lg Gw 520, Nokia 5200 and another cheapy Nokia , will be picking up an e72 soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Nokia N900 all the way!

Love it as it's so much more than just a 'phone'. I have not seen any anything that does full Internet better than it. (mobile wise) Hardware keyboard is ace and the OS is open if your up for thinking with it...
    IMO, it's a very much underrated device that's still yet to be passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

HTC HD2, best phone I've ever had and it runs Android as well!! :D

I'm looking forward to try Windows Phone 7 on it when its out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Nokia E71.

I adore it. Got it May of last year and am hours on it everyday since then. I got it because it had a qwerty keyboard and wifi.

I don't even want to upgrade to the E72 I love it so much. :D

god's toy wrote: »
    Nokia N900 all the way!

hmm i wanted to get it...but at its money for value is lol for what you get its heavily over priced...noisy plastic, a bit underpowered and such a thick phone...if im right its thicker than the N97...browser wise HTC android have full browser...and for the browser experience my 4.2" inch is way better...looked at the iPhone 4 the other and its size just threw me of straight away...reminded me of a girls phone

i think alot of nokia fans went to N900 after owning the N97...others to HTC or iPhone...

only thing i liked about the N97 was the keyboard...it was so damn handy to text on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Love how my n900 posts keep getting hammered.

hmm i wanted to get it...but at its money for value is lol for what you get its heavily over priced...noisy plastic, a bit underpowered and such a thick phone...

Funny that, I really dont agree. I got mine on day one and I've really not looked back. To me its well worth what I paid for it and more, is over clockable big time should I need to. ( and I had no reason too) and has replaced a few bits of tech I carry from day to day.
    Funny thing about it being a bit thick, I got the extended battery so mines 7mm thicker but I'm still very happy to have it that way for what it does for me.

To each there own I guess.

god's toy wrote: »
    Funny thing about it being a bit thick, I got the extended bettery so mines 7mm thicker.

ouch :) i wanted to get it for the N97 when i had it but god would it be a bloody whale if i did...people already called it a brick as it was... though i sold it after a month...i do understand you like the N900 and i would love to use one for a few days properly but it wont happen for a while...i used all sorts of phones motorola,sagem,nokia,samsung,iPhone,HTC, Sony Erricson, Even used an erricson back in the older days...

but nothing ever disappointed me as much as the N97 did...i was always a nokia fan boy but the lastest "Flaghship Device" made alot of Nokia fans run to the iPhone or HTC...and i dont think they will be coming back to nokia anytime soon!

No idea about maemo but ****ing hell the symbiam developers base and app store hasnt improved one bit since they launched the Ovi Store...after months i went of my gf's phone the mini version of 5800 and i looked at the app store and still all the same apps and games there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

hmm i wanted to get it...but at its money for value is lol for what you get its heavily over priced...noisy plastic, a bit underpowered and such a thick phone...if im right its thicker than the N97...browser wise HTC android have full browser...and for the browser experience my 4.2" inch is way better...looked at the iPhone 4 the other and its size just threw me of straight away...reminded me of a girls phone

i think alot of nokia fans went to N900 after owning the N97...others to HTC or iPhone...

only thing i liked about the N97 was the keyboard...it was so damn handy to text on.

Noisy? Plastic? Explain further please?

Underpowered? Mines clocked to 900 mhz and is absolutely not underpowered.

Browser: No complaints there either.

Thick: Yes. Although it's looking like the N9 will be a lot more slim.

Advertisement