Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Pride 2010

Options
  • 05-08-2010 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

Are any of you guys planning on going to it?

I was at it last year, it was a bit of a disaster to be honest, not fun. Had good fun with my mates but I could have done that anywhere else, any other time and any other day.

I'm considering trying it again this year for the hell of it. Plus at least Dignity is open now too.

If a few people here are interested in going to it, could we organise a meetup or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think it might be a lot better this year considering that there is only one pride committee

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Well I live in Galway, so I'll probably go. Don't really know though, I heard it's not the best.

Well I live in Galway, so I'll probably go. Don't really know though, I heard it's not the best.
    Last year was bad cause there rows - It MIGHT be better this year!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

There were rows? Were the catholic farmers not happy with it? :D

I dunno though, my best friend Ocean went to it, and she said it's all just middle aged men :P

There were rows? Were the catholic farmers not happy with it? :D

No - There was 2 separate pride committees, they each organised events and they wanted to have 2 separate parades but the Guards told them they wouldn't allow separate parades

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm a firmly closeted Galway lady...would love to be around for it but don't think I will - maybe next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

So, who's going? :-D

It's on 19th - 22nd August

http://amachlgbt.com/

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 roxy82

hhhmmm....well I'm living in Galway so I must check it out! Im pretty sure I will be knockin about next weekend. never been to anything like that before..

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

yea will be heading to pride this year.
    should be a bit of craic! however there doesnt seem to be anything else on besides stuff in the pub and club! wish there was more going on, like something different besides club nights!

plus there usually is a full events guide for pride, there isn't one this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 gagonmine

might be heading to Galway Pride but last years events are kind of putting me off, that <snip - don't name names> ruined it, i hope he's not involved this year

Advertisement