Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor: What Ports Are Open?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 5:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,

I've developed an application that uses websockets over port 8000. I can change the port number no problem.

I've got it all up-and-running over my Eircom wi-fi, however, when I plug in my phone and use the 3g network, it won't connect.

What ports are open on Meteor? Can I request a specific port is opened? I don't use ftp on my server, could I just use port 20?

I've got lots of other options up my sleeve, but the easiest would be just to get a free port and use that.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Could you run Shields Up (link might not work - just search for it if not) using the Meteor APN - maybe through tethering or even on the phone's web browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

Yeah,

I think i'm just gonna buy another ip address (they're only €1 a month) and forward requests on port 80 on this new address to port 8000.

I can't find a list of ports open on Meteor's site and it all seems rather arbitrary. Who knows when they might close/change them. Can't go wrong with sending all traffic over port 80.

Thanks anyway,

Advertisement