Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some info

Options
  • 05-08-2010 7:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, i had failed a subject in 1st year that i know i can't pass even in repeat exam, so what i want to know is will i be allowed to progress to 2nd year if i take the subject as evening course?

also will this affect my grant renewal.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mrac

If its just one module you will be able to go onto second year and do a repeat exam at christmas on top of your 2nd year exams.

As for the grants im not sure, you could try ringing the college, im sure its a common question

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

What do you mean you can't pass in repeat? - not prepared enough?

Why don't you get grinds. I'd put the effort in and do my best if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

On the Same boat as your Self failed a Module that i know i wont get a pass in the repeat as he never show us what he is giving us.

by any chance are you in one of the Computing Course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moojo

I am aahha

I did the repeats and i was told i need 55 credits to go to stage 2 (year 2) while carrying a faild module

But i think i might have done bad in one fo the repeats which puts me to 50 credits. I wonder can i beg my way in?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

Cork24 wrote: »
    he never show us what he is giving us.

Isn't that called an exam?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

dahamster wrote: »
    Isn't that called an exam?

what i meant to say his he never Teach anything that came up in the Exam. same goes for the Repeat.

its like i'll teach the Class Russian and give them a French Exam!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 moojo

so anyone know if i can sneak into 2nd year with 50 creds? or beg my way in :_:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Talk to your department head or lecturers. No point asking here as you'll ultimately have to be talking to them anyways.

Advertisement