Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 weeks to MMA League Round 3 - Dublin

• 05-08-2010 7:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Not long left before the League swings into action once more! If you are planning on fighting on the 11th of September in St. Andrew's College Booterstown then you need to register online from the League Website as soon as you can.

Don't forget, to enter the League you must be training with a Martial Arts school and covered under the club insurance to compete. Most policies extend this cover as standard, but its a good idea to check with your coach to be sure.

Teens need to printout the permission slip and bring it along on the day. The only exceptions allowed are if your parents are their on the day and can sign it then. Otherwise expect to be refused from participating.

You can enter this round even if you didn't fight in the first or second round this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

I have this friend...and he's had one pro fight...which he lost...between you and me...he's hopeless...does this pro fight mean he's unable to fight in the MMA League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

You can tell your friend that this does rule him out. While the letter of the law states that two pro rules matches are required to disqualify entry, the organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who keeps a thread going on boards for more than 30 pages :P

All joking aside, I just checked the ruling there and its grossly out of date. I am going to amend it as soon as I can to be - anyone with 3 or more C class matches, or any pro matches is excluded. I think that's a more reasonable bar for the state of play in the country now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

You can tell your friend that this does rule him out.
    He's a total loser...he couldn't hurt a fly.
    While the letter of the law states that two pro rules matches are required to disqualify entry, the organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who keeps a thread going on boards for more than 30 pages :P
    My friend doesn't post here...anyway...only I have the power to generate multi page threads that go nowhere and achieve nothing.
    All joking aside,
    Your jokes stink.
    I just checked the ruling there and its grossly out of date. I am going to amend it as soon as I can to be - anyone with 3 or more C class matches, or any pro matches is excluded. I think that's a more reasonable bar for the state of play in the country now.
    You are changing the rules just to keep my friend out of competition basically....you culchie bastard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

you culchie bastard.
    Aren't you from Mikkimikkkarawangatoolanawa in the arse of Australia? Surely that's the Oz equivalent of a culchie?

You and your country brethren should stick together.

I should have a few teenagers back from the Gaelteacht, holidays etc. for this Mark

Advertisement