Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Midleton

Options
  • 05-08-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Is there a decent guesthouse/hotel in Midleton? I tried the Park Hotel, but they are charging €95 B&B per night, which is a bit steep in this day and age.

I'd be a lot happier spending €60-€70. I don't really mind what quality place I stay in but I don't want a B&B run by an old couple with the sacred heart light on in the sitting room!

Thanks!!! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

The stor hostel is in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Yeah that is typical of the Park, they haven't heard of resession.

They also won't let your children use the swimming pool between 12h00 - 14h00 as they have an anti family policy in place. FOR SHAME

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Was in the Park recently, thought it had gone down a lot. Certainly nowhere near the standard it once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

When is the accom for? I have a hotel room booked in the Raddison Blu on Ditchley Island beside fota for next weekend and I'm not using it.

Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

There are a couple of B&B's in the town but I don't know who they are run by :)

I have seen the Oatencake Lodge has some good reviews on trip advisor
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g211876-d653942-r69340453-Oatencake_Lodge_B_B-Midleton_County_Cork.html

And Whitehall B&B as well. Just in case you wanted to check them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I recently stayed in the Midleton Park Hotel, I was quoted around the same as you for a single room B&B on a Sunday night, did a bit of a search on the internet and booked in for €71 through Expedia. Also have a pigsback account so got 2000 piggypoints as well!

Not sure what night you're talking about but its worth checking a few other sites than just with the hotel's site.

Advertisement