Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Bluetooth issue - not looking for fix, just ideas

Options
  • 05-08-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Strange problem with the bluetooth I noticed recently. When driving through Carlow while on a call on the handsfree kit, the call reverts to the handset a few times. I didn't think much of it as it doesn't happen too often, but the last few days I noticed something else. Even if I'm not on a call the car drops the bluetooth link AT THE EXACT SAME SPOT.

It appears that everytime I pass the post office in Carlow, the car loses its bluetooth link with the phone, then recovers it a few metres later???

Do An Post have some sort of securilty camera or something that might interfere?

(Or maybe it's not An Post - location is Carlow at Kennedy Av & Dublin/Burrin St junction)

I'm not looking for a fix to this, just curious what could do that to a bluetooth link?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Bluetooth like wifi and cordless phones share the 2.4ghz frequency range. so if there is interference then it will disconnect which is what is probably happening. there may be other devices such as wireless security cameras that are causing excessive interference.

Advertisement