Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary in Kilmeaden

Options
  • 05-08-2010 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hello there,
    just a heads up to everyone.
    A family member of mine was burgled over the weekend (Sunday night in fact) in Kilmeaden.
    I can't go into too many specifics on here for obvious reasons.
    These guys were obviously watching the house as they struck when the owners were out, and indeed one of the family returned just after they had left.
    The Gardai were called and informed the family that the burglers were one of two well known traveller families from the Waterford area and that they were active in the South Kilkenny area also.
    As much as I'd love to, I can't give out names.
    They made off with, among other things, a decent haul of jewellery, and also left their calling card. i.e. urinated and defacated all over the house.
    As you can imagine, the family are utterly devastated, not just because the actual loss of property but mainly because of their own privacy being invaded as such.
    So just a message to everyone, be on the look-out for any suspicious activity in the area and call the Gardai immediately.
    If anyone might have any info, anything at all on the above. Please feel free to PM me or indeed contact the Gardai. Any help would be most welcome and very much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Urinated and defecated all over the house? Sick ****ers. Sorry to hear about this. Any news on those who did it, did the Gardai catch them? They deserve to be locked up somewhere for a long time. Dublin zoo perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

No luck in catching them yet I'm afraid, although the Gardai have informed us that its the same gang that's carrying out the burglaries in the Carrigeen/Mooncoin area the last couple of weeks.

Advertisement