If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Mounted Unit with good sound and Internet radio

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for a new hifi for a reasonably large kitchen/dining room. It should have the following:

1 wall mountable
    2 good sound that a kettle won't drown out!
    3 Internet radio including podcasts/listen again
    4 plays CDs and either has a HD or can link to my iTunes library (or both).

5 FM (DAB nice but not essential)

Do you sell anything suitable?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Radiofoot

I have a system that almost meets most of your points......

It is the MCi298 (which is due in very soon)
    Have a looksee here -
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mci298_05/mci298_05_pss_eng.pdf

This has Internet Radio
    FM radio
    Plays CD's
    Can stream music from your pc (inc iTunes)
    Is pretty slim but not wall mountable

It will sell for €249.99

I have yet to hear it in person yet, but once in I'll post up.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭radiofoot

Thanks Ash,

Looks interesting, so please let me know when It is in. Can it handle podcasts and BBC listen again?

Thanks.

Hi Radiofoot

I will let you know when it is in no problem.
    I'll seek answers to your BBC Listen Again and PodCAst question from our rep today when he calls in.

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

radiofoot wrote: »
    Thanks Ash,

Looks interesting, so please let me know when It is in. Can it handle podcasts and BBC listen again?

Thanks.

Radio,

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6961

Thats a picture of the beauty - we hope to have them available early next week and I have actually seen and heard it in operation and it really is an excellent unit - It will play iTunes / MP3 / WMA / CD included and both FM & Internet radio so pretty much everything you are looking for & some over.

Keep us posted if you would like us to give you a shout when they land as they will 110% be in huge demand.

Thanks again and give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John,

If it can handle the podcasts and listen again, it looks like a good match - the brochure Ash sent yesterday says it's even wall mountable?

I had a look at the Philips website and the NP2900 looks similar - what's the difference?

• Advertisement

Ash,

Any news on this model? Is it in stock yet? I'll handle podcasts by downloading them to itunes first.

Cheers.

Hi Radiofoot,

Yes I finally have 'em.
    I still have no news/answer on your two questions and after a little read of the instructions and playing about with the unit itself I cant see any options for them.

Shall I reserve one up for you?

Atb
    Ash

Please do. I'd like to come in and have a listen and will drop by at lunchtime tomorrow or Tuesday. Might even make it in later today - are you open until 6?

Thanks

Hi Radiofoot

I'll reserve one up for you now.

We open until 5pm today.

I'll be here both Monday and Tuesday so just ask for me whenever you call in.
    It's a great sounding little unit for sure.

ATB
    Ash

radiofoot wrote: »
    Thanks John,

If it can handle the podcasts and listen again, it looks like a good match - the brochure Ash sent yesterday says it's even wall mountable?

I had a look at the Philips website and the NP2900 looks similar - what's the difference?
    Just in case anyone else has the same questions, I tried the MCi298 out in the Philips Store yesterday and can confirm that both BBC Listen Again and Podcasts are supported. The search function allows you to search for stations or shows - listen again and podcasts are both available under shows. Only small issue is that you can't pause/rewind them, but hopefully that will come with a future software upgrade. This is a great unit with very nice sound quality.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.