Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Do believe Im booked and on my way on the 9th of Oct! anyone else?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

:)

slight confusion over money,
    but hopefully i wil have it sorted by the time i go!!

flying from dublin - london - bangkok - new zealand - aus

only two of us going,
    hope we make plenty friends on the way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Weird I fly to aus then nz! Who are your flights with and what sort of cost?? I'm headin to nz solo on 5th of October. Can't feckin wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Yep heading to Melbourne 5th October, can't wait. Flights booked, accommodation setup, car sold, moved home to save money.

Trying to save money while on the dole isn't easy, but hopefylly good times lay ahead :D

Jockey what route are you taking? Solo or group of yee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

jeez ive no car or accomadation set up yet.. :(
    makin me think i should!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 aido06

cant ****in wait either heading out 11sept
    :D

• Advertisement

aido06 wrote: »

i was meanta be goin the 10th!!

its real soon for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

C0N0R wrote: »
    Jockey what route are you taking? Solo or group of yee

London-Kuala Lumpur-Melbourne. Just the three of us. Gonna be awesome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

C0N0R wrote: »
    Weird I fly to aus then nz! Who are your flights with and what sort of cost?? I'm headin to nz solo on 5th of October. Can't feckin wait!

I'm heading early January to NZ, have u a plan for when you get over, accommodation, work, travel? I'm looking at teaching jobs at the moment, have applied for a few, I'll probably be in Auckland for the first few months apparently more work there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Two of us headin out the 24th oct, dub london kuala lumpur sydney. Jus need to sort accom. Seems rooms are goimg fast from checkin around lately.

Yea I've a job sorted out working on a farm so that covers accommodation. Will be based near Christchurch. Have intentions to buy a car when I get out there.

• Advertisement

is no one else just going and hoping to get a room somewhere?

or should i be looking into booking some where to stay>?!
    in each country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭bobbi

Heading to Oz on the 25th August

Checked in to a hostel for 2 weeks after that hope for the best!

Going on my tod too

Hope you have a great trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

shakencat wrote: »
    is no one else just going and hoping to get a room somewhere?

or should i be looking into booking some where to stay>?!
    in each country!

Just got back from travelling oz and NZ and not once did we have trouble finding a room.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

aido06 wrote: »

What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes: :pac:

CabanSail wrote: »
    What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes: :pac:

very cheap flight happy days icon12.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ddgadgets

going solo on the 17th Aug, gonna land in sydney and wing it, booked into the wake up hostel for the first week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

:)only two of us going,

Heading with my girlfriend also. Dublin-London-Mumbai (3 weeks)-Singapore-Sydney arriving on 4th October.

Just ordered the Lonely Planet (€13.70 inc delivery on bookdepository). Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Can i just say to all, im just back from dublin-LA-Tahiti-NZ-sydney-hong kong and by far the worst place was sydney, we only spend 5 days there but we were bored! it was just like any other city with nothing to do! I know others will disagree but that was our view on it for what its worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Welcome, welcome one and all, make sure you all rent places in St.Kilda if you coming to fabulous city that is Melbourne or Bondi if you plan on going to that mediocre city Sydney as there aren’t enough Irish in either of those suburbs and we need to up our numbers in each.;)

Seriously though good to see all you guys willing to step out into the unknown. I’ve loved my time here and I’m really glad I decided to come. I’m sure you all will be too!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The weather is pretty bad in sydey and melbourne right now..cold and wet a lot of the days...dark at 6pm and not bright til after 7am. Once the weather improves though you will find you have a lot more to do and can get out a lot more. Being up further north is prob the place to be right now at this time of year...Darwin or even Brisbane. Keep it in mind if you are going to do seasonal work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Heading over there on my own too. Hope to head to Bangkok and Vietnam in September and Australia in October. Anyone got any tips for special offers on internal flights in Oz?

I'm going to bok flights this week.

eightyfish wrote: »
    Heading with my girlfriend also. Dublin-London-Mumbai (3 weeks)-Singapore-Sydney arriving on 4th October.

Just ordered the Lonely Planet (€13.70 inc delivery on bookdepository). Can't wait!

im going with my friend conor =]
    coool!
    im arriving in nov to to cairns..

whats lonely planet for?

im going with my friend conor =]

Sorry didn't mean to presume! :rolleyes:
    whats lonely planet for?

For the travelling around. Had one in India last time and found it to be brilliant. The Australian one is a new (2009) edition and gets good reviews here.

Sorry didn't mean to presume! :rolleyes:

For the travelling around. Had one in India last time and found it to be brilliant. The Australian one is a new (2009) edition and gets good reviews here.

im a girl aswell haha!
    ooh should i invest in one eh!

ooh should i invest in one eh!

You'd probably get along fine without it, but it is helpful for recommendations of hostels/places to eat/things to do wherever you go. Go into a book shop and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

12th of October and i'll be landing in Melbourne.
    Cannot wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Doc wrote: »
    Welcome, welcome one and all, make sure you all rent places in St.Kilda if you coming to fabulous city that is Melbourne or Bondi if you plan on going to that mediocre city Sydney as there aren’t enough Irish in either of those suburbs and we need to up our numbers in each.;)

Seriously though good to see all you guys willing to step out into the unknown. I’ve loved my time here and I’m really glad I decided to come. I’m sure you all will be too!:)

Ah, I see you have caught the Melbourne bug called "Upmyownass"! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

jank wrote: »
    Ah, I see you have caught the Melbourne bug called "Upmyownass"! :D

Its warmer up there then outside.;)

What's people's plans immediately on landing?

We intend to rent a serviced apartment for a week out in suburbia to get our bearings. Takes a week to get tax number so we'll use that time to find work somewhere. Looking at regional work initially, preferably south of Sydney.

• Advertisement

What's people's plans immediately on landing?

We intend to rent a serviced apartment for a week out in suburbia to get our bearings. Takes a week to get tax number so we'll use that time to find work somewhere. Looking at regional work initially, preferably south of Sydney.

when do u get out their, im heading out the 11th of sept i was thinking of doing a week in a hostel, look for a job tax num etc landing in sydneyicon7.gif then like your self finding somewhere to stay.

Advertisement