Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Do believe Im booked and on my way on the 9th of Oct! anyone else?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

No you are right being going down and down from a high of about $1.77 a year ago.

Heading over in less than 4 weeks, don't know if I should exchange now or wait. I'm hoping euro will get stronger but I honestly don't think it will :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Endof

Just booked my flight :D Arriving in Perth on the 27th October on a WHV. Can't wait, i'll be counting down the days, like a kid counting down to Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

19 days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭C0N0R

15 days to go, can't wait, still hasn't hit me in goin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

C0N0R wrote: »
    15 days to go, can't wait, still hasn't hit me in goin
    me neither!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

south island of new zealand arriving november 16th after a 10 day stopover in new york, cant wait gonna work up to rwc 2011 and then hopefully travel the country following the irish lads around their pool matches and hopefully quarters and semis!:)

south island of new zealand arriving november 16th after a 10 day stopover in new york, cant wait gonna work up to rwc 2011 and then hopefully travel the country following the irish lads around their pool matches and hopefully quarters and semis!:)

You headin by yourself or with a group?? What you intending to do work wise in the south island?? Best of luck, I'll be there over a month when you arrive, you should be hitting the good weather on arrival.

just me and another lad but we might split upand go it alone id say, work wise id do anything that pays the bills applied for a bit of barwork, planning on settling in queenstown region

Ah cool, well I will be about 45km from Christchurch if use happen to find yourselves up this way give me a shout. And if you are stuck for work I'm sure I could get you something on a farm somewhere. Rwc really is a bit incentive to go, and better off going now to I reckon.

iv seen the farms are an option alright but iv heard 6 day weeks and very isolated at times! compared to th small operationwe have here it wouldnt be ideal but l will defo look into it! cheers for the offer, defo better to go now get settled in the place might even be work with rwc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Flight booked. Got a one-way to Melbourne for 599

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Flight booked. Got a one-way to Melbourne for 599

Ill watch out for you on “border petrol”! ;)

Nah, I'm only staying for 6 months. Heading to Christchurch after that. Haven't booked the flight yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Doc wrote: »
    Ill watch out for you on “border petrol”! ;)

That sounds like a documentary on a Esso Service station in Cavan??

Pat you are coming here on a Six month Holday Visa on a one way ticket. Hmmm chances are you will be fine but just in case be able to prove you can support yourself for that time. If I was at the desk I would ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Zambia232 wrote: »
    That sounds like a documentary on a Esso Service station in Cavan??

"Curse you Microsoft word spell check!" (falls to knees and shakes fists at sky) "I meant patrol, I meant patrol!!!..." (sobs quietly to himself)

Doc wrote: »
    "Curse you Microsoft word spell check!" (falls to knees and shakes fists at sky) "I meant patrol, I meant patrol!!!..." (sobs quietly to himself)

And yet the show is called Border Security :) Just not your day mate

Pat you are coming here on a Six month Holday Visa on a one way ticket. Hmmm chances are you will be fine but just in case be able to prove you can support yourself for that time. If I was at the desk I would ask.

Yeh, 6 month holiday visa. I have a flight to Christchurch though, so I don't think I'll have any hassle in Melbourne customs.

Not with a onward ticket.

Not with a onward ticket.

huh?

huh?

You wont have hassle if you have a onward ticket IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Myself and the other half are booked...were leaving on the 15th of Jan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

I'm going to Australia on November 7th. Flying Cork-Heatrow Heatrow-Kuala Lumper, then Kuala Lumper - Melbourne. Going to be a long flight but I'll manage. Anyone going that route? Really excited about going but also quite nervous. I'm travelling solo. Anyone know the best hostels in Melbourne? I was looking at one called Base in St. Kilda. Looks pretty good.

Rebel Boy wrote: »
    I'm going to Australia on November 7th. Flying Cork-Heatrow Heatrow-Kuala Lumper, then Kuala Lumper - Melbourne. Going to be a long flight but I'll manage. Anyone going that route? Really excited about going but also quite nervous. I'm travelling solo. Anyone know the best hostels in Melbourne? I was looking at one called Base in St. Kilda. Looks pretty good.

If you like a soul-less place that's full of drunk British & Irish gob****es where no one really speaks to you unless their pissed, and enjoy a night club with rooms above it, then pick Base. It's overpriced and very impersonal.

I recommend The Turf Club on Flemington Rod, North Melbourne, or Pint On Punt in St. Kilda. Both places are pretty clean and the staff are extremely friendly and don't just treat you like a number!
    (and no, I dont work at either of them before you accuse me of marketing hehe)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nicmarie

im going to oz on the 6th of december heading to melbourne first, st kilda 2! duno where to stay. 2 of us going want to get our own place but seems expensive! everything seems expensive over there. how much money are people bringing? duno how long to stay in melbourne get a ob there or keep travelling?? decisions decisions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

Can anyone recommend a decent hostel in Sydney..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Was Crossing the Harbour Bridge the other day and noticed a YHA in the Rocks, never seen it before so it could be new. Its in Cumberland street same street as the Bridgeclimb. I reckon that its in a great spot.

http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/sydney-harbour/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Left yesterda. Still travelling. Just a word of warning anyone flying with Malaysian airlines. They do not check extra bags. They just charge per kilo so don't bring an extra bag. Was quoted over a thousand euro. Its sixty five euro per kilo. Sent it via dhl in airport to Sydney for two hundred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 claire*

Sorry was abit brief in my earlier post. flights paid for and should hav around 4500 euro heading out with. goin in early march, seriously cant wait! de OH is hoping to work in the Mining Industry, any of ye know if its hard 2 get jobs there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I'm leaving these rainy shores on the 23rd of November for Qld with my other half on a de-facto partner visa. I'm in melt down at the moment counting down the days but that's to be expected. I'm shipping my dog out on the 15th so I'll be writing up a guide (with photos) to transporting a dog to Oz once he's cleared quarentine, might come in useful to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LexiLou

GalKiefer please do!!!!! I am hoping to head over in late January and the big issue was whether or not I could take my dog so I have been traipsing this site for any info. Thank you!!!!

Advertisement