Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Park and Bike Blanch?

• 05-08-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a good spot to park the car, and cycle into the city centre? It's been a few years since I've done it.

I did it for several years in one of the big car parks around the blanch centre, and the security guys never had a problem with it. I noticed a couple of other cyclists doing the same. Anyone know if this is still tolerated there?

I did it in a retail park in Swords a few times, and one day I got a nasty big notice on my car saying I would be clamped if I did it again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Could go a bit further and park in the phoenix park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭skidpatches

Gavin wrote: »
    Could go a bit further and park in the phoenix park ?
    not a bad option, but there can be bad traffic before getting into to the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Doubt you'll have problems with Blanch centre. There is usually loads of space away from the shops in the bit where 53 Degrees North is located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lumen wrote: »
    Doubt you'll have problems with Blanch centre. There is usually loads of space away from the shops in the bit where 53 Degrees North is located.

Not sure about that car parkbut they do lock the other ones overnight so they may not be open for you in the morning if you're planning on arriving particularly early.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭skidpatches

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Not sure about that car parkbut they do lock the other ones overnight so they may not be open for you in the morning if you're planning on arriving particularly early.
    yeah, good point. when I used it previously, that car park was the first to open and was open pretty early (can't remember what time). The others opened much later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement