Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from komplett.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Despite some of the negative criticism about Komplett after the company changed hands, I ordered from them in June and it all went perfectly.

As for the laptop, I am sorry, i have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Despite some of the negative criticism about Komplett after the company changed hands, I ordered from them in June and it all went perfectly.

As for the laptop, I am sorry, i have no idea.

not too sure on the laptom myself, their mobo's are good tho

as for komplett.. i ordered off them recently too and all went swimingly

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Dunno would I buy anything off them, Just check out their forum here and all the complaints. Seems they sell you stock that they don't even have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I ordered something that was out of stock, they held the rest of the items for 3 days until it was in stock, then they shipped the whole lot :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Just grabbed an F3 from the pickup point no sweat. No hassle at all, I'd say they're well on the road to recovery :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

hamhamwich wrote: »
    Hi guys

I im considering buying this laptop from komplett.ie
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_02PC/02_NOTEBOO/05_NOTEBOO/productdetails/20001711/MSI_CX620_017NL_Core_i5_430M__2_26_GHz_%28_2_53/CX620_017NL/default.aspx

I am wondering what komplett.ie are like to deal with?
    What kind of reputation have MSI laptops?

Thanks

Interesting that it has a 2 year base warranty. Thats good.
    The laptop itself, I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

hamhamwich wrote: »
    What kind of reputation have MSI laptops?

A friend bought an MSI last year. Looked really nice and and it's still holding up well.

I'm not sure about relative prices, but the essentials look good - fairly decent processor, good sized harddrive, wireless n, bluetooth, card reader, hdmi (might be nice if they had eSATA) and a 5470 which looks alright, at least better than intels graphics line. The mousepad seems far over, but I presume that's so as you can use the numeric keypad without brushing on it.

The only thing I noticed that would put me off is the 1366 x 768 (WXGA) resolution. That seems a bit low for 15'' screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Ordered a projector off them in the past few weeks, took about 5 days to deliver (free delivery), no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

dunno about that laptop other than it will be crap for games but great for everything else with the i5 - http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5470.23698.0.html

I bought a laptop from laptopsdirect.co.uk for the wife a year and a half ago, a Samsung R560, the screen went after 5 or 6 months and we just contacted Samsung Ireland, they sent out a courier to collect it 1-2 days after contacted customer support and delivered it 3 days later all working perfectly( dunno if it was a new laptop or if the screen was just replaced, but either way ). Was extremely impressed with their customer service( expecially since we bought it in the uk ).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I will always look to Komplett before considering buying from somewhere else. Have never had any trouble and have ordered from them a few times so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Same experience with Komplett - they are back on track, fair play lads!

Advertisement