Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing the Kona dream and a Mai Tai cocktail

Options
1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Whilst I am getting older there is still some life in this old dog yet.

Fran that was one super human performance. You went in to CPH injured and well under physically prepared, and this while this could have affected your mental preparation you battled against all the odds to just shy of a PB.
    CPH is a great IM, one I’d return to if I was to do another. Enjoy another glass of that red you hear me…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Enjoyed that Report Fran and delighted to read about another finish ad you leaving it all out there. No matter what the clock says you can stand up (or maybe lie down) and feel dead proud.

Well done, enjoy the beers, hi to Michelle and mind your back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Great result JB, even more so when you look at your run in and the injury. 100% behind your decision to give it a go, could have been reading my own report there at times. Enjoy the recovery and hopefully you get to the route of the injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Congrats Fran. Really happy to read that finish with everything that was going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

4 weeks with very little activity since Copenhagen. Turns out I had a herniated disc in the lower back but just need to get an MRI arranged to confirm it. Thankfully rest and anti inflams have really helped and the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was before (and after) Copenhagen.

One last race tomorrow and it will be the annual Phoenix tri club gathering at Pulse sprint. I will be taking it handy enough and trying to stop myself from laughing when Tunney tries to get into/out of his wetsuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

4 weeks with very little activity since Copenhagen. Turns out I had a herniated disc in the lower back but just need to get an MRI arranged to confirm it. Thankfully rest and anti inflams have really helped and the pain is nowhere near as bad as it was before (and after) Copenhagen.

One last race tomorrow and it will be the annual Phoenix tri club gathering at Pulse sprint. I will be taking it handy enough and trying to stop myself from laughing when Tunney tries to get into/out of his wetsuit.

It had shrunk in the wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Had a look at the results and was impressed with what both of ye did... till I see the swim was long and the run was short... still its all good fun and well done ye both!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Had a look at the results and was impressed with what both of ye did... till I see the swim was long and the run was short... still its all good fun and well done ye both!

I believe there are photos that are less complementary. Although do testify to my struggles as well.

Advertisement