Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paypal custom variable

Options
  • 05-08-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

hey guys i'm using php and mysql on my website. basically i have a page which tells the customer the price of a service, gives them a reference number(customer doesn't see this) and a buy now button for paypal. however i need to send the reference number to paypal so that my thank you page can process it.
    Problem is because i'm not familiar with PDT or IPN, nor do i have SSL so i can't use them.
    I know using paypals html code i can use the "custom" variable, but i am hosting my button on paypal for some extra security and i can't find a way to put a custom variable in

Does anybody have any ideas on how i can get around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

First solution that comes to mind unfortunately requires you to call OpenSSL from a PHP script to dynamically encrypt your html variables, custom variable included when generating a PayPal button.

You say you don't have SSL, but is there any reason you can't call OpenSSL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

fasty wrote: »
    First solution that comes to mind unfortunately requires you to call OpenSSL from a PHP script to dynamically encrypt your html variables, custom variable included when generating a PayPal button.

You say you don't have SSL, but is there any reason you can't call OpenSSL?
    i have never used it before and i'm worried it'd take too long to learn, and my inexperience will cause security issues

Advertisement