Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What restricted breed do you belong too?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Well, I dunno bout the rest of you restricted breed owners out there but I'm sick of defending our breeds to people who "think" they know our beloved dogs better than we do.

So I thought I'd start a poll to see what RBs are out there on boards.
    And to all you RB bashers out there please don't post up the usual crap, we've heard it all before.

So, who do you belong to? Maybe post a pic or 2 to introduce your monster? :p

I can't post a pic of my 2 cos I'm in work but I have 2 akitas, Loki and Kai ( and 2 cavs) but there's loads of pics of them if you click my sig pic.

What RB (or cross thereof) do you belong too? 75 votes

American Pitbull Terrier
    0% 0 votes
    Bull Mastif
    2% 2 votes
    Doberman Pinscher
    0% 0 votes
    English Bull Terrier
    9% 7 votes
    German Shepherd (Alsation)
    1% 1 vote
    Japanese Akita
    30% 23 votes
    Japanese Tosa
    5% 4 votes
    Rhodesian Ridgeback
    0% 0 votes
    Rottweiler
    4% 3 votes
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    14% 11 votes
    Bandog (I doubt it)
    21% 16 votes
    Cross breed of 2 restricted breeds (please elaborate)
    0% 0 votes
    2 or more of the same RBs (again, please elaborate)
    10% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

My evil demon is a crossbreed, looks like a Boxer-Staffie mix. Not too sure if i should be posting here so!! lol

Anyway, here he is....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I own a male rottweiler and picking up my new puppy in 3 weeks, a female rottie so cant wait :D

Heres a pic of Cooper, my male rottie.

3225041_img3_208_260_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Here's our baby eater :D, female Rottie

[URL="[IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii135/discopanto/Smiling.jpg[/IMG]"]Smiling.jpg[/URL]

photo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I don't technically own a Doberman but my Mother does and he is such a baby.
    My terrier bully's him no end and he just takes it all in his stride.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

lovely pics everyone :)

I'm a right spa, I mis-voted in my own poll, never clicked the Akita button :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

antomagoo wrote: »
    Here's our baby eater :D, female Rottie

[URL="[IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii135/discopanto/Smiling.jpg[/IMG]"]Smiling.jpg[/URL]

photo.jpg

Shes gorgeous, do you know her breeding or breeder? Would love to know as shes very nice.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Gorgeous dogs so far :)
    GSD were my dog of choice but I am now the proud owner of a 13 month old Rottie girl called Brook.

picture.php?albumid=1172&pictureid=6114

picture.php?albumid=1172&pictureid=6080

picture.php?albumid=1172&pictureid=6086

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pugsnotdrugs

We have a staffy cross (we think she's part pitbull) that we got from Ashtown pound. Her name is Susie.

She's the most affectionate dog you'll ever come across and loves people and other dogs. She likes to spend her days looking out of our bedroom window at people walking by on the street and wagging her tail at them. She just loves everyone!

Our other dog is a pug and they're the best of friends. It's so funny to see the two of them playing together with the little pug giving it loads and nearly having a heart attack trying to keep up with her. He thinks he's a staffy too! :D

I never really knew much about staffys until we got Susie. There were a few staffys in Ashtown at the time that were in danger of being put down so we decided to adopt one and I'm so glad we did. Since then I've met a lot of staffys and they've all had the same lovely good nature. I think we will always have staffys now. They're the best dogs! :D

andreac wrote: »
    Shes gorgeous, do you know her breeding or breeder? Would love to know as shes very nice.:)

Dont know. We got her from a rescue in May. She was found wandering in a school yard several miles from the rescue last November. Not even sure what age she is, going by what some people (vet, rottie breeder & rescue staff) have said she is somewhere between 18 months and 2 years.

She is a big pudding of a dog :D

adser53 wrote: »
    lovely pics everyone :)

I'm a right spa, I mis-voted in my own poll, never clicked the Akita button :(

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

GRRRRRRR - look at this big dangerous beast. He's a lab staff x as far as I can guess.

picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=5906

picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=6958

While I'm here, if you own a RB dog please feel free to click on my sig and join the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

This is my 6 month old white German Shepherd called Ghost, whose favourite types of people are complete strangers! He loves everyone and everything!

He's very dangerous indeed:rolleyes:

ChristeningandGhost071.jpg

Narsil wrote: »
    This is my 6 month old white German Shepherd called Ghost, whose favourite types of people are complete strangers! He loves everyone and everything!

He's very dangerous indeed:rolleyes:

Oh he just looks pure evil, no no no I dont think that dog should be allowed at all, put him in a cage :D

Gorgeous dog :p

antomagoo wrote: »
    Oh he just looks pure evil, no no no I dont think that dog should be allowed at all, put him in a cage :D

Gorgeous dog :p

Oh yes he's a savage alright.......you'd be in severe danger of being licked and jumped on to death;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Heres my 8month old GSD Ruby.....shes seriously evil...shes make your death a slow and lingering one....by licking you to death :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

antomagoo, that first picture of your lady is gorgeous! You should seriously get that framed and hang it on the wall. It's so classy.

You all have such beautiful dogs. We had a GSD back in the late '80s. She was my father's dog and so good and smart. Whenever anyone goes on about these devil dogs, I tell them that one day during my leaving cert repeats, I came home all in a tizzy, and I sat on the kitchen floor and cried. Cyrus, the dog, came over, sat in front of me, put her head on my shoulder and I hugged her and essentially cried into her neck for a couple of minutes. When I stopped crying, she went back to bed. She died three years after my father, she had kidney problems. It was like losing my Dad all over again. The whole family was devastated for ages afterwards.

Whispered wrote: »
    While I'm here, if you own a RB dog please feel free to click on my sig and join the group.

Sorry whispered, I meant to add that in too :p

And I have to say every pic so far is brilliant!

who's the other akita owner? I see theres a vote for one

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

My 3 are all mixes

Elliott - Doberman, Pitbull X
    DSC_0014-1.jpg

Savage looking, isn't he? :p
    chair4.jpg

Then there's Bonnie - GSD, Collie X
    DSC_0146-1.jpg

And Finlay - Doberman, Big brown dog up the road X
    Finlayred.jpg

LucyBliss wrote: »
    antomagoo, that first picture of your lady is gorgeous! You should seriously get that framed and hang it on the wall. It's so classy.

Not trying to hijack the thread but heres 2 more :p

RosieBW.jpg

RosieBW2.jpg

Black and white photos are gorgeous:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

My girl Makena.
    Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I know Rhodesian Ridgebacks are on that list too. It really is a silly list.

Here is my vicious girl.

Aged 4 months;
    P1010210.jpg

And here she is at 12 months:
    DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1133.jpg

Her father:
    Jaegar20front204.jpg

And her mum:
    picture.jpg

Ridgebacks are beautiful dogs:)

What is it about dogs blinking goofily for photos:rolleyes:

DohIBlinked.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

We have a staffy cross (we think she's part pitbull) that we got from Ashtown pound. Her name is Susie.

She's the most affectionate dog you'll ever come across and loves people and other dogs. She likes to spend her days looking out of our bedroom window at people walking by on the street and wagging her tail at them. She just loves everyone!

Our other dog is a pug and they're the best of friends. It's so funny to see the two of them playing together with the little pug giving it loads and nearly having a heart attack trying to keep up with her. He thinks he's a staffy too! :D

I never really knew much about staffys until we got Susie. There were a few staffys in Ashtown at the time that were in danger of being put down so we decided to adopt one and I'm so glad we did. Since then I've met a lot of staffys and they've all had the same lovely good nature. I think we will always have staffys now. They're the best dogs! :D

...and here she is ;)

IMG_5756.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

kopfan77 wrote: »
    Heres my 8month old GSD Ruby.....shes seriously evil...shes make your death a slow and lingering one....by licking you to death :D

I think you may have to remove that first pic.
    It's evidence that your gorgeous dog is dangerous, just look at the dead cat in the background...
    On display like a trophy or something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bearpup

Here is my lil woman- Bonnie aka- Bonster the Monster.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I love GSD's.. the uncle used have them on his farm.

Only for Gibbs being a rescue dog, i would've gotten a GSD instead, but i couldn't walk away from Ashtown Pound that day knowing he only had a few days more before he was PTS after meeting him....

Here's Loki,

loki.jpg

And Kai,

Kai.jpg

Gorgeous lookin' dogs or wha'? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

My Dex posing for a picture beside his lunch!

He has mastered the slow trot while she hangs onto his collar despite every discouragement and warning issues by us parental types!

attachment.php?attachmentid=122851&stc=1&d=1281021813

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'm not qualified to vote :( Would dearly love a Dobbie though! . . . . . some day!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

The latest addition to my team of killing machines...

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

Advertisement