Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Drom from the city centre?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

How close do the buses run to that?

I know the Bus Eireann city buses would be no good, but do the red buses go anywhere closer? Taxi would probably cost a fair bit to get out there?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's just over an hour brisk walk from the Cathedral. Think of it as a warm-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's just over an hour brisk walk from the Cathedral. Think of it as a warm-up.
    Ah, but you assume I'm playing football, which I am not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well no I don't. I assume zilch.

No bus comes near really. You can get a red bus and get off at Clybaun Road or Cappagh Road or the BÉ bus to clifden and get off at Oranswell.
    Either way you need to use your legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Rent a bike?

biko wrote: »
    Rent a bike?
    Meh, the bikes I see being rented around town seem to all be gammy green touristy looking things. I'm very fashion-conscious.

Ah sure I'll survive.

• Advertisement

The walk from where the red bus would leave ya wouldn't be THAT bad, pretty long though all the same, the turn off from the Moycullen road would prob be the shortest.

Cab up isn't as dear as you'd think. I got one from Claddagh Cabs up one night and it wasn't much more then E10

The walk from where the red bus would leave ya wouldn't be THAT bad, pretty long though all the same, the turn off from the Moycullen road would prob be the shortest.

Cab up isn't as dear as you'd think. I got one from Claddagh Cabs up one night and it wasn't much more then E10
    I'd be going in and out there 3 days. €60... Not tight, just ya know yourself.

The roads out there are pretty narrow. Drivers aren't as careful as they should be driving out there.

I'll just walk I'd say, I just don't want to get soaked and be wet for the rest of the day.

Thanks guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Meh, the bikes I see being rented around town seem to all be gammy green touristy looking things. I'm very fashion-conscious.

Ah sure I'll survive.

Steal a nice bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Taxi from Westside, IMHO.

They're not friendly roads for walking on.

JustMary wrote: »
    They're not friendly roads for walking on.
    And when I'll be going out there it will be before 9am and after 5pm. Great times to be out for a stroll in those parts. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement