Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gamerscore Challenge

• 05-08-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I noticed a thread on this here a couple of months ago. Just wondering if anyone would like to give it a shot. Im not too sure on how to go about setting it up or that, but im sure its not too difficult. Let me know if you interested and I'll find out how.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Do you basically get a bunch of games and see who comes out with the highest gamerscore after a certain amount of time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Here is the one thats running at the moment http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge.asp?id=65204

Thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055958696

Don't think I'll be entering another for a while, I'm out of games to get much score from :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Do you basically get a bunch of games and see who comes out with the highest gamerscore after a certain amount of time?

Yeah thats exactly how it works, you can play as much or as little as you want. I have the challenge set up now over at 360voice.com.

calex71 wrote: »
    Here is the one thats running at the moment http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge.asp?id=65204

Thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055958696

Don't think I'll be entering another for a while, I'm out of games to get much score from :D

Ah no I didn't see that one. I see that it is over now in 2 days. So maybe if we get a few people interested in this one, we could start a new one in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I would join something like this, but for the past year and a half I've bought very few games though the past month or so I've been running through games to pick up random achievements I've missed or the online ones I've ignored.

• Advertisement

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I would join something like this, but for the past year and a half I've bought very few games though the past month or so I've been running through games to pick up random achievements I've missed or the online ones I've ignored.

Nice one. Here is the link if anyone else is interested http://www.360voice.com/join/GSBDO7U9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I'll join up after the other one finishes, can't join 2 at the same time. I won't do too well though because I have played a lot of easy games in the current one and don't have many left.

dor83 wrote: »
    I'll join up after the other one finishes, can't join 2 at the same time. I won't do too well though because I have played a lot of easy games in the current one and don't have many left.

Excuses excuses :p. I won't start this one until the other one is finished with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Excuses excuses :p. I won't start this one until the other one is finished with.

Ill join as well, Need an excuse to get some achivements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'll join later for the craic, won't be much competition though as I'm just going over old games getting a few acheivements on those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Forgot about my xbox for ages :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Bump :)

Joined as incentive to clear my backlog.

pffffff what the hell, I'll go again got some new games and some back log to grind out.

I'll keep Avatar on the back burner for yet another month :D

When you starting this Duffman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

wait for me, i need to sort out my Xbox Live Membership, i should have something sorted by tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Sure I'll go again for the laugh. I wasn't much competition last month and I'm sure I won't be now either but I do like watching how seriously some folks work to be top of the pops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I was thinking maybe at the end of the month, but if you's want to start before that then thats fine with me.

Well well , guess you should all just not take part, seems that challenge scout knows a winner when it see one :D

Well well , guess you should all just not take part, seems that challenge scout knows a winner when it see one :D
    Nah, I'm going to take this one :pac:

Only 9 people so far...?! Hmm.. actually, the average over the last 5 challenges only seems to be about 12 people and considering the last one was won by 10k, it might of put a few people off this month :P

10K was ridiculous in the last one and not only that there were 3 people up at that sort of level.

This one being right on the heels on another one may make it difficult to achieve 18 people again so best to aim lower, pick a number and when it's hit kick it off.

I'm holding off on a few games for when this starts so the sooner the better in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Sad as it sounds, I'm waiting until this starts to play xbox again. As soon as you're ready Duff

I'd vote to start this up on the weekend, sat/sunday (or ASAP) and give people a little bit more chance to join this. Don't think we're going to get many more though...

Doesn't matter when it starts, I learned a valuable lesson after the last one. I breezed through more than one game to rack up a score. Won't be doing that again as it took much of the fun out of those games for me.

This time I have games like Metro 2033 that I'm playing at the moment and loving taking my time with. Wish the challenge site had some way to weight the more difficult achievements like on Trueachievements where a really hard cheevo is scored higher. Pity they don't have a challenge system there.

Doesn't matter when it starts, I learned a valuable lesson after the last one. I breezed through more than one game to rack up a score. Won't be doing that again as it took much of the fun out of those games for me.

This time I have games like Metro 2033 that I'm playing at the moment and loving taking my time with. Wish the challenge site had some way to weight the more difficult achievements like on Trueachievements where a really hard cheevo is scored higher. Pity they don't have a challenge system there.
    I got some really hard achievements in that last one, in ODST, finished the game on Legendary and got the 'Vidmaster Challenge: Endure' achievement with a few other pretty hard ones on other games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Be a much better idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im in! when we starting?(although im in no rush whatsoever, im enjoying the wonders of PS3 and especially Heavy Rain at the moment.)

Any chance of starting this tomorrow night? :) Don't think we're going to get many more...

bear in mind theres a 24 hour delay once you click the button to start til it does actually begin isn't there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yer man winning has a gamerscore of 150k !!

How are you meant to win , ...to quote South Park

"How do you kill that which has no life ?!"

south-park-wow-01.jpg

• Advertisement

djkeogh wrote: »
    bear in mind theres a 24 hour delay once you click the button to start til it does actually begin isn't there?
    1. The start is the first midnight (12am PST) after the challenge is launched. The end date is defined by the selected duration.

Hopefully we get started soon anyway :)

Advertisement