Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pompeii

Options
  • 05-08-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

worst lunch ever
    Anyone thinking of Pompeii for Sunday lunch! BAD IDEA!

Ordered two steaks veg and pepper sauce..... The food was not cooked fresh meat was grey and chewy, god forbid I took Gran there her dentures would have been ripped to shreds. The baby potatoes were drenched in water and fat and you could squeeze the fat out of them and veg dry and hard.
    Two dinners and one glass of wine 46€.

I'm shocked that a restaurant could serve something so simple so horribly wrong, and next time Pompeii wipe the skin off the reheated pepper sauce thats inches thick before you serve it! Will definitely not be back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Was not there for lunch but had dinner on a sat night and really enjoyed it!!! Thought all the food that came to the table was tasty and well presented and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Seems that place might have the same curse as previous place that was there that being hit and miss resulting in very divided opinions.

Dont know if you have tried Lennons in the visual arts centre but that place has great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

bluestreak wrote: »
    worst lunch ever
    Anyone thinking of Pompeii for Sunday lunch! BAD IDEA!

Ordered two steaks veg and pepper sauce..... The food was not cooked fresh meat was grey and chewy, god forbid I took Gran there her dentures would have been ripped to shreds. The baby potatoes were drenched in water and fat and you could squeeze the fat out of them and veg dry and hard.
    Two dinners and one glass of wine 46€.

I'm shocked that a restaurant could serve something so simple so horribly wrong, and next time Pompeii wipe the skin off the reheated pepper sauce thats inches thick before you serve it! Will definitely not be back!

Just curious, did you complain at the restaurant or do the typical Irish thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I don't know why, but steak in an italian restaurant never seems to come out the way it should be. This even applies to some of the top italian restaurants.

I tried Mimosa (laneway off Tullow st) last week - early bird 2 tapas + glass of wine for €12! - Brilliant place and fairly packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

OP: This is the 2nd time you've posted this.
    The first was in another thread about the same place on 02-08-2010 @ 18:38

Please don't double post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement