Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will I get the missus??

Options
  • 05-08-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This is short, sweet and for a change, positive.... I want to buy my girlfriend something nice between €50-€400. Any suggestions???

EDIT:It could even be something I could do instead of get.

-She doesn't wear 'jewellery' as such, Only a Pandora bracelet.
    -I want whatever i buy her to have some lasting memory or to be something you'd keep for a while or forever.

Boards posters usually have some great ideas for this stuff.

Girls - can you remember something he did/got you that made you really smile
    Lads - Can you remember getting yourself into the goodbooks with some good idea

Appreciate all replies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Moved from PI

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

Moved from PI

Thanks mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Mmm How thoughtful.... is this for a particular occasion or just to say I LOVE YOU?

My other half is very thoughtful, but can get it wrong sometimes. I generally don't like when he spends large amounts of cash on something, because I could usually put it to better use myself, or would of had him buy something else.

But he always has his heart in the right place.

He does romantic things like surprises me with dinner...
    Impromptu flowers
    Gets lots of smellies from boots and I get a bath, with candles, followed by foot rubs and a massage... MAJOR brownie points.
    I got a fantastic watch one year, which I love and adore.
    Other things - small insignificant gifts, but he listens and pays attention and will buy me a cup that I saw and liked, or a perfume, or book, notebook, plant pot.... just to let me know that he does PAY ATTENTION and those ickle things mean a lot more to me that anything expensive.

But again these are all personal things that I like, not necessarily for across the board.

Unwilling wrote: »
    Mmm How thoughtful.... is this for a particular occasion or just to say I LOVE YOU?

My other half is very thoughtful, but can get it wrong sometimes. I could usually put it to better use myself

:D
    But he always has his heart in the right place.

He does romantic things like surprises me with dinner...
    Impromptu flowers
    Gets lots of smellies from boots and I get a bath, with candles, followed by foot rubs and a massage... MAJOR brownie points.
    I got a fantastic watch one year, which I love and adore.
    Other things - small insignificant gifts, but he listens and pays attention and will buy me a cup that I saw and liked, or a perfume, or book, notebook, plant pot.... just to let me know that he does PAY ATTENTION and those ickle things mean a lot more to me that anything expensive.

But again these are all personal things that I like, not necessarily for across the board.

I bet nearly all girls like these things more than expensive gifts.

The reason I wanted to spend some money is because I got paid a rake load in the last 3 weeks and she knows that. I want to share the riches if you will. She's away on holidays with the girls at the moment and I'd love to give her something when she gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

a night away in a posh hotel with you. Book her in for a spa treatment and when she arrives back to the room and have flowers and champagne ready for her. some candles lighting in the room would top off a lovely night!!!!!

• Advertisement

a night away in a posh hotel with you. Book her in for a spa treatment and when she arrives back to the room and have flowers and champagne ready for her. some candles lighting in the room would top off a lovely night!!!!!

That would actually be deadly. Where to go close to dublin is my next thing to find out. I wonder if we could get a limo or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Pandora charms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Wow - I would love that. Sounds lovely and you should also get her something that means a lot.
    I have a charm bracelet so my bf will sometimes pick out a charm for me. For example we just got the keys for our new house so he bought me a little key charm.
    Also flowers and back rubs are always great.

Hotels close to Dublin - there are a few that would be worth considering,

Roganstown
    Castelknock Country Club
    Barberstown Castle
    Carton House
    Lutrellstown

I reckon you could spoil her rotten : pick her up in a limo, out to the hotel, nice dinner, back to the room run a hot bath, bring petals and smellies, candles, soak her the bath, back rub and whatever........ topped off with a nice pandora charm to REMEMBER and mark the occasion.

That ticks ALL boxes, it's romantic, its decadent, it's thoughtful and she gets to keep something to remember the day by!

Oh I am sooo excited... pLEASE let us know what you decided on ! :P

Hotels close to Dublin - there are a few that would be worth considering,

Roganstown
    Castelknock Country Club
    Barberstown Castle
    Carton House
    Lutrellstown

I reckon you could spoil her rotten : pick her up in a limo, out to the hotel, nice dinner, back to the room run a hot bath, bring petals and smellies, candles, soak her the bath, back rub and whatever........ topped off with a nice pandora charm to REMEMBER and mark the occasion.

That ticks ALL boxes, it's romantic, its decadent, it's thoughtful and she gets to keep something to remember the day by!

Oh I am sooo excited... pLEASE let us know what you decided on ! :P

Ah here....... I'M getting excited now :D:D
    blahblah06 wrote:
    Pandora charms

I'm sure you were kinda joking but it's probably a great present. Something you look at and remember who bought it and what was the occasion.

• Advertisement

Soooooooooooo i'm dying to hear what you decided on in the end!!

I'm definitly going to book us into a hotel. The question is which one I need to know which hotel to go for. Some of the ones posted earlier looked a bit golfy for me but I dont mind really. Im going to go check around now. I'll definitely let you know exactly what I went for and if she liked it

I just booked us into A luuuurrrrvvvly Hotel In Dublin. We're staying at the Dylan hotel.

I'm thinking that Limo hire is workin out too expensive for what it is since we'd basically be going from her house to the hotel (into the city centre coming from north Dublin).

5 Star Romance Package

120x90.jpg

Description:When was the last time you spent “Real Time” together without all the distractions of everyday life. 5 star romance is a package to let you re-kindle your spark, forget your worries and let us spoil you.

Romantic music will be playing in the room on your arrival.
    Over night Bed & Breakfast in one of our style rooms
    Rose petals scattered on the bed
    Bottle of chilled champagne & strawberries in the room for your arrival
    Enjoy a foaming bath at the time of your choice &
    Curl up and enjoy a complimentary movie on us!
    I upgraded to the top suite they have and we're going to be getting breakfast in bed. the following morning and maybe dinner in the hotel that night. And I mean who doesn't like candles??:p:p:p

Now all i need is the pandorra charm and I'm officially in the good books:D:D

Sounds absolutely Purfick

I picked up a few Pandora charms yesterday. I got one of a moneybag. Far from romantic but hopefully she'll get the humour of it.

Thanks for all the replies. I really got good info from you all. Thanks guys:)

Advertisement