Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat 2/3 subjects only?

• 05-08-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Guys help me!
    I read that you dont have to repeat all 6/7 subjects - you can repeat 2-3.. i did bad in 3 - french, bio and maybe history (wanted a A) - so can i just repeat those? please tell me how i can just repeat 3! please guys, im going mad looking all over websites!!:confused::confused::confused:

See, my dilemma is : Should I repeat and go through it all again - or take a course in an IT and try and switch to University? Is that possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Yes you can repeat as many or as little subjects as you want but you can only take points from one sitting of the leaving cert.Its not possible to pick an mix the bet results from multiple sittings.You can however mix sitting of the leaving cert for matriculation purposes.Basicly you can sit the leaving cert again with 3 subjects but the most points you can get is 300( 3 A1s ).I'd say if youre gonna repeat do 6 and try youre best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

gant0 wrote: »
    Yes you can repeat as many or as little subjects as you want but you can only take points from one sitting of the leaving cert.Its not possible to pick an mix the bet results from multiple sittings.You can however mix sitting of the leaving cert for matriculation purposes.Basicly you can sit the leaving cert again with 3 subjects but the most points you can get is 300( 3 A1s ).I'd say if youre gonna repeat do 6 and try youre best.

yeah i guess. its just this year was horrible. at least if i pass maths, i dont have to repeat that. *shiver* all the grind money, jesus!
    but, i made the huge mistake of staying home all the time with books. It was horribley stressful and i had a hard time with time mangement and memory. Im worried if i take 6 subjects, it'll be the same again!:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't understand - why did you stay at home instead of going into your school/centre? Were you repeating this year?
    If repeating, do you intend to do it at home on your own again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

spurious wrote: »
    I don't understand - why did you stay at home instead of going into your school/centre? Were you repeating this year?
    If repeating, do you intend to do it at home on your own again?

oh no no- i did go to school but there was no balance. like, i was staying in all weekend etc no balance or anything
    nope i wasnt. it was my first sitting. i intend to go to a PLC or something.
    Cant afford a grind school and would be mortified back at my old school. its half their fault im repeating .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

You can repeat as many or as few as you like. But 6 from on sitting are used for points. However requirements can be met from another sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Also PLC that suits you a great plan, gets you high points if done correctly. Loads of really well-run, interesting ones out there now.

Advertisement