Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 6-8 Aug 2010

• 05-08-2010 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Premier Division
    Friday, 06 Aug 2010
    Bray Wanderers 19:45 Sligo Rovers
    Dundalk 19:45 U.C.D.
    Galway United 19:45 Sporting Fingal
    St. Patrick's Athletic 19:45 Drogheda United

Sunday, 08 Aug 2010
    Shamrock Rovers 12:30 Bohemian FC

First Division
    Friday, 06 Aug 2010
    Derry City 19:45 Monaghan United
    Limerick 19:45 Athlone Town
    Waterford United 19:45 Shelbourne
    Cork City 19:45 Wexford Youths

Saturday, 07 Aug 2010
    Mervue United 19:00 Finn Harps
    Longford Town 19:30 Salthill Devon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Friday, 06 Aug 2010
    Bray Wanderers 0-2 Sligo Rovers
    Dundalk 1-2 U.C.D.
    Galway United 1-1 Sporting Fingal
    St. Patrick's Athletic 3-0 Drogheda United

Sunday, 08 Aug 2010
    Shamrock Rovers 1-0 Bohemian FC

Come on Rovers!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Once we win dont care about the rovers-bohs game altho a draw be nice.

August is the month i reckon we find out if we are good enough, have to win every game (except Belgrove cos thats the cup and well.........)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

is Rovers and Bohs on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Setanta Ireland.

KO 12.30 ......Joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I think we might get our first victory in what feels like years this Friday night. UCD are decent but have a feeling this is the end of our bad streak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Setanta Ireland.

KO 12.30 ......Joke

getting my hopes up:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

getting my hopes up:mad:

It is on tele. Think he meant that its a joke that its on that early.

Anyway, hope we beat Drogs for once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Is Brennan still injured?

Unfortunate having the derby on Sunday lunchtime. Last season in Dalyer was a damp squib.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

stovelid wrote: »
    Is Brennan still injured?

Unfortunate having the derby on Sunday lunchtime. Last season in Dalyer was a damp squib.

Slight doubt apparently, tempted to just watch the game in Dalymount tbh, hate early ko's

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

bohsman wrote: »
    Slight doubt apparently, tempted to just watch the game in Dalymount tbh, hate early ko's
    Same, gonna head out but not going to enjoy it...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

bohsman wrote: »

I know that's what a few of us lads are doing, due to work commitments, etc,

Oh and 2-1 to Bohs.

235-01.gif

:cool:

Happy enough with that, that lad James O Brien is a smashing player.

Shame we sat back when we got the 2nd, drogs had loads missing could have scored a few more. Nice to finally beat them too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Nice 1-0 win for City against Wexford. We probably could have won by more but we just let them back into the game towards the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Nice 1-0 win for City against Wexford. We probably could have won by more but we just let them back into the game towards the end.

Very happy with a win and a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Happy to go ahead in a game and keep the lead. Something we have not done enough of this season. We should have really won by more though. Nice to have a rare clean sheet also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Great win for Monaghan in the Brandywell, hope they go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Right theres a game on sunday just before the comm shield (im a united fan so obviously i wanna see it).

Can I just hop on the Luas and be close to Tallaght stadium? Also, where should I sit/stand so theres at least some atmopshere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Right theres a game on sunday just before the comm shield (im a united fan so obviously i wanna see it).

Can I just hop on the Luas and be close to Tallaght stadium? Also, where should I sit/stand so theres at least some atmopshere?

The last stop on the Tallaght Luas will leave you a 2 min walk from the stadium and the guards will be shepherding fans towards it, should be a good atmosphere all round but the main rovers fans seem to be in the stand to the far left as you approach the stadium (you prob wont be able to get tickets for the Bohs end unless you get to Dalymount today) Unsure if the game will sell out.

Alternatively - Head for Dalymount Park on Sunday! Pints in the bar are €3.50 on Sunday during Bohs' game away to Shamrock Rovers - being shown live on Setanta Sports, kick-off 12:30pm - and the FA Community Shield at Wembley, Man Utd & Chelsea (live on Sky, kick-off 15:00)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

p_larkin99 wrote: »

Tickets are on sale at the ground from 12.00. There might be a bit of a queue and there arent many left so get there early.

There will be an atmosphere all over the ground, this is arguably the biggest football game of the year in Ireland, but the east stand is where the ultras are located if you fancy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Draw between Rovers and Bohs now please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Disappointing defeat to Fingal. They were the better side, though, particularly second half. Shaun Williams is a great player, they're a great side to watch.

We've looked less of a scoring threat since Flood left, Sheppard up front on his own just doesn't work, mainly cos he doesn't get in the box enough and tries to do too much himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shame we sat back when we got the 2nd, drogs had loads missing could have scored a few more. Nice to finally beat them too :o

Thats 3-1 for the season then:D not that it matters. We had only one proven defender (a 17 year old who was taken off in the 2nd half anyway) and couldn't even name 11 available players on the way up to the game. Happy with the game given most of the team were u-21 except 3 of them I think. And one of them was fitzy and well.......you know

A lot of the Pats support near us seemed very uninterested in the game, barely even celebrated the goals and were very quiet for the rest of the game. I was surprised how small the crowd was for a team that are at the top of the table. I know it was only Drogheda ye were playing but God the atmosphere was dead for the whole game. The Americans wouldn't have been impressed, heard them outside talking about stadium tours and the like....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

CiaranC wrote: »
    There will be an atmosphere all over the ground, this is arguably the biggest football game of the year in Ireland

Obviously weren't in Lansdowne on Wednesday!:rolleyes:

:D

As for Shels, wow! Should have won 4 or 5 easily, Waterford were muck, truly lifts my hopes of a play off place, 4 points off 3rd place.:cool:

There will be an atmosphere all over the ground, this is arguably the biggest football game of the year in Ireland, but the east stand is where the ultras are located if you fancy it.

That was today dublin-rebels-v-ul-vikings and the pitch cut up fairly badly according to weirdos who like this sort of thing.

That was today dublin-rebels-v-ul-vikings and the pitch cut up fairly badly according to weirdos who like this sort of thing.
    Dont they just throw the ball about in the air though? I didnt think it would have much impact on the pitch.

We just play the ball about in the air anyway ourselves, so it'll be grand

Dont they just throw the ball about in the air though? I didnt think it would have much impact on the pitch.

We just play the ball about in the air anyway ourselves, so it'll be grand

Havent a clue looks like armoured rugby with lots o hugging.

LOI vs some english team thread was locked so would like to share this little story with LOI fans.

This cheered me up......

Me and a mate shouted to Wayne Rooney while stewarding the team buses " Wayne, Wayne do us a favour ?"

Rooney "Sure lads no problem"
    Us "Move out of the way so i can get a pic with Dave Mulcahy "
    Rooney " Very funny lads , hilarious"

Cue fits of laughter from the Airtricity team bus......

122mfrs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Anyone watching Shams and Bohs?

Good game so far.

Rovers playing like Stoke.

Long balls and long throw ins.

If I was a Bohs fan I would be tearing my hair out watching Brennans perforamance.

• Advertisement

HT - Felix healy "Rovers just about deserve to be ahead"

Is he watching the same game as me?:rolleyes:

Pat Flynn (red card).....wtf were you thinking?

Its there for Bohs now

Rovers players patting him on the back, is that a well done pat?

Would be done for that if it was off the pitch :confused::eek:

Just as I posted....:D

2-0 Rovers

Twigg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Its there for Bohs now

i blame you :(

theteal wrote: »
    i blame you :(

Rovers win suits us more than a Bohs win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hmm, the Boh's fans seemed to take Twigg's goal in a less than heroic fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah fúck it anyway....

League chances taking a dint here

Bohs are woeful, players dont look like they give a fcuk.

Bohs are woeful, players dont look like they give a fcuk.
    Yep, I could name one or two names alright.

Cant wait to see Fenlons interview, after last weeks little incident should be fun.

• Advertisement

Can any Bohs fan give me the merits of Paul Keegan.

I don't rate him at all.

Can any Bohs fan give me the merits of Paul Keegan.

I don't rate him at all.

He's a massive improvement from O Donnell I feel. I never rated him. I've seen Paul play as many bad games as good games to be honest, but there are worse players and more out of form players than him.

Quigley is so hot and cold its unreal. Same can be said for Brennan. Too much pressure on young Madden also.

Defence was a shambles today. Shelley is looking half the man. He's a fantastic player.

Rossiter has dropped off the pace, Deegan is missed big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Trilla wrote: »
    He's a massive improvement from O Donnell I feel.

Strangely he's been class whenever I've seen him this year, but he was sh*t with ye. Paul Keegan was always a great player with Drogheda, very consistent if you can just stop him from thinking he can take free-kicks. Can't speak for the last year and a half really though...

fh041205 wrote: »
    Strangely he's been class whenever I've seen him this year,

He was very good against Bohs up in Galway this year. 2-2 I think it finished. I tore my hair out watching him in a Bohs jersey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

He's probably been our most important player this season. Veey sensible on the ball and a great passer.

End of an era for bohs today folks, hope it was worth running up the 7 million euro debt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

End of an era for bohs today folks, hope it was worth running up the 7 million euro debt.
    Still fancy Pats to beat you to it.

CSF wrote: »
    Still fancy Pats to beat you to it.

Havent ruled Pats out at all, they have gotten better as the season has gone on if anything

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Gutless performance, yet again, ****ing sick of it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Trilla wrote: »
    He's a massive improvement from O Donnell I feel. I never rated him. I've seen Paul play as many bad games as good games to be honest, but there are worse players and more out of form players than him.

Quigley is so hot and cold its unreal. Same can be said for Brennan. Too much pressure on young Madden also.

Defence was a shambles today. Shelley is looking half the man. He's a fantastic player.

Rossiter has dropped off the pace, Deegan is missed big time.
    It's not hard to be better than Stevie Sideways. Deegan is a huge loss alright, hard for any team to lose a player of his quality. That was the first time I've seen ye this season, it looks like ye'll need to get rid of a bit of dead wood next season, probably get better players on lower wages too. Brutal defending today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement