Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland football this weekend, 6-8 Aug 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

CiaranC wrote: »
    End of an era for bohs today folks, hope it was worth running up the 7 million euro debt.

Since you brought it up, what's the craic with the article in the Sunday Tripe today about Rovers losses up to nearly €700,000, article isn't online but the aul lad buys it everyweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Can any Bohs fan give me the merits of Paul Keegan.

I don't rate him at all.

He's a class above, always gives 100%, tough tackler, good passer. Closest we've come to replacing Kevin Hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Since you brought it up, what's the craic with the article in the Sunday Tripe today about Rovers losses up to nearly €700,000, article isn't online but the aul lad buys it everyweek.
    My old man buys that rag too. What page is it on?

Good 3-0 win for ye. The blaas are imploding. Good fight between Kearney and Hendo?

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    My old man buys that rag too. What page is it on?

In the business supplement, page 2 I think.

Shamelessly robbed from fool.ie

"League of Ireland side Shamrock Rovers had retained losses of E620,570 in it's last financial year, newly files accounts for the club reveal.
    The loss for the year to the end of November 2009 widened from E476,606 in the previous year, according to the abridged accounts. Despite a deficit of more than E200,000 in shareholders' funds, the accounts were prepared on a going concern basis.
    However a note to the accounts said this "depends upon the company receiving future support from the backs, trade creditors, the Revenue Commissioners and from the shareholders and also a sustainable business plan for the foreseeable future".
    The Hoops, which went into examinership five years ago, are owned by 400 fans. It is Ireland's most successful club, winning the league 15 times and the FAI Cup 24times. Rovers are currently joint top of the Airtricity league with St Patrick's Athletic.
    Last week the team lost 3-0 on aggregate to Italian giants Juventus in the UEFA Europa League. The first leg, played in Rovers; Tallaght home ground, drem a crowd of 6,000" John Ihle, Sunday Tribune 8-8-10

Makes me wonder who the other 2 clubs aside from Shels that made a profit last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Makes me wonder who the other 2 clubs aside from Shels that made a profit last season?

We did thanks to Europa league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't get the Keegan comments. I hate him but he's a great player.

We really rode our luck today and allowed Bohs on - as the two near goals showed- but our spirit and application was immense in the second half. Chambers turned the game for us and the sending off galvanized us. Twigg is immense. He has no provider like Dessie last season and has played loads of games in a role (top of 4-5-1) that isn't his natural games but he works his bollix off and has scored 11 now.The atmosphere today was really special too. Truly times to remember even if it ever goes tits up.

Bohs looked like they had more than 700 there. I assume home tickets were bought and they blagged in to the away. In fairness, respect to them (and Pats) on a Sunday kick off when some teams that mouth off online but can't make a small journey to Tallaght. Nutsy looked a man looking for an escape route to me too.

Twigg got well bottled too. Not that I'm crying about it - we're all grown ups and players taunt away ends but if it was us you'd see the usual moralisers right out of the woodwork.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Twigg got well bottled too. Not that I'm crying about it - we're all grown ups and players taunt away ends but if it was us you'd see the usual moralisers right out of the woodwork.

Think Nesovic is the last player that we had that taunted away fans, would have served him right if he'd got bottled, I really dont get the mentality, when Shels won the league against us in Tolka their whole team were happier celebrating in front of us in the Riverside than with their own fans, Id have been disgusted if I was a Shels fan.

On the game, thought we were the better side in the first half but whatevers been wrong with this squad all season showed in the 2nd half, heads dropped and we still wouldnt have scored if the game was still on now.

As for Flynn, what an absolute thug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

bohsman wrote: »
    On the game, thought we were the better side in the first half but whatevers been wrong with this squad all season showed in the 2nd half, heads dropped and we still wouldnt have scored if the game was still on now.

Couldn't really argue with any of that being honest. Bohs had more of the game and absolutely no teeth up front. Even though you hit the woodwork twice we also hit it once and were just more clinical. Twigg was class and took his chance exceptionally well.

Flynn, a touch out of character for him it has to be said. He is hard and goes in fool blooded but I think at that point the game was heating up and he just lost the head for a bit. Shame for him but a deserved red and he should have known better.

As for the bottles well what can you say. Every club has the scumbags.

I was unsighted (and jarred) and couldn't really see if Flynn was kicking him or trying to scoop out the ball. If he kicked him intentionally, he's a dope. That said, he's not been in bother for ages (and that evil stuff is kind of embarrassing as he's a decent full-back) and Keegan has plenty of (often worse) form there anyway.

Like I said: we were very lucky today in the first half but when it didn't happen for you, you wilted and we more than seized it.

It appears that he felt McGlynn went down too easy so took his chance and booted him as hard as he could, absolutely no doubt that he meant it and no way that he could have been going for the ball.

It appears that he felt McGlynn went down too easy so took his chance and booted him as hard as he could, absolutely no doubt that he meant it and no way that he could have been going for the ball.

I was right at the other end of the East stand (and it was on the touchline) and didn't catch the incident fully. Saw the raised foot though. Thought it was Keego as did guys beside me. Apologies. :o

/I was locked as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

He booted McGlynn in the arse, was a stupid thing to do. Definitely a red. He'll do well to ever play for us again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

By all means be happy the fact that you have a hatchet man in your teams, a lot of league winnings teams have them and sometimes more than one, but anyone saying it's out of character for Flynn is having a laugh surelyn:confused:

Bateman wrote: »
    By all means be happy the fact that you have a hatchet man in your teams, a lot of league winnings teams have them and sometimes more than one, but anyone saying it's out of character for Flynn is having a laugh surelyn:confused:

He's toned it recently I think. Still goes well in though, but not enough to justify those embarrassing chants.

So you all thought he'd "learned", or "copped on", or whatever, but now we can all agree he hasn't.

Bateman wrote: »
    So you all thought he'd "learned", or "copped on", or whatever, but now we can all agree he hasn't.

He booted a prostrate player in the arse. Dopey thing to do (and probably the end of him when Sully is back) but hardly assault.

It's unwise to get into a pissing contest about thugs when you're fielding Quigley and Keegan in your team.

Galway Tribune having a go at Fingals support :D

However, Liam Buckley’s side knuckled down after the break, almost owning the ball for the entire duration of the second period to comfortably advance to the next round in front of a gate of just over 100 people, which included a pathetic six fans in the away section, a shocking support for the defending cup holders.

http://www.galwaynews.ie/14416-100-people-turn-see-mervue-routed

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    He booted a prostrate player in the arse. Dopey thing to do (and probably the end of him when Sully is back) but hardly assault.

It's unwise to get into a pissing contest about thugs when you're fielding Quigley and Keegan in your team.

No pissing contest, just challenging the opinion that Flynn has somehow or other "toned it down" or whatever. He obviously hasn't.

Advertisement