Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee date

Options
  • 05-08-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭

My fellow Dublin City boardsies always give excellent date location advice :) Can you suggest somewhere for a mid-afternoon coffee date (that serves really good coffee) somewhere comfy and relaxed around Dublin 2? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

My favourite is Caffe di Napoli, it is beside Pearse Street station, great coffee, Tico, and a really nice friendly atmosphere. Best coffee shop in Dublin. It is on Westland Row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Thanks for that. I agree, Cafe de Napoli do great coffee but I think they close pretty early don't they? Am thinking a bit closer to the Grafton St. area...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I agree, Cafe de Napoli do great coffee but I think they close pretty early don't they? Am thinking a bit closer to the Grafton St. area...?

I don't think so. They have a restaurant downstairs so they stay open pretty late for a coffee shop. There are some nice places off Grafton Street. I also like Queen of Tarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I vote Queen of Tarts on Cow's Lane. Can sit outside on the pedestrianised street if it's nice out and they have lovely homemade cakes, biscuits and tarts. Also they serve really good coffee, it's Lavatzza. Open til 7.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Third Floor Espresso.
    Twisted Pepper Building, Middle Abbey Street.
    Best coffee in Dublin.

It's not on the 3rd floor.

Go there - and tell me it wasn't worth the walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Obviously Bewley's on Grafton Street

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Metro on the corner of South William St and Chatham Row is a nice place, inside or on the street.

Plenty of people moving around to talk about if the conversation starts to slow down.

The Cake Cafe on Pleasants Place off Camden St might be a bit far away and a bit busy at lunchtime, but its a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Cafe Di Napoli do cracking coffee, staff can sometimes be a bit scatty when its busy.

There's a place called Fix on dawson street (where Costa Coffee used to be) does decent coffee, big enough and comfy enough to be a good place to sit down for a while too.

I've looked for this legendary coffee place on middle abbey street...never seen it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I like Murphys Ice Cream shop on Wicklow street. the hot chocolate is savage. Looks kinda new. Check out the web page
    http://www.murphysicecream.ie/Murphys%20Ice%20Cream%20Shop%20Offerings.html
    And the blog of one of the guys that runs it, about the coffee.
    http://icecreamireland.com/category/coffee/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Bump.

Have a date tomorrow afternoon, taking her for coffee. Its going to be cold and snowy, so I need somewhere where we can sit down. Needs to be somewhere in the Grafton street area. Thoughts?

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Bump.

Have a date tomorrow afternoon, taking her for coffee. Its going to be cold and snowy, so I need somewhere where we can sit down. Needs to be somewhere in the Grafton street area. Thoughts?

Cheers :)

bewleys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

bluewolf wrote: »
    bewleys!!!

Thats what I was thinking, but I was told its their aniversary tomorrow and will be packed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Cake Cafe off Camden Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Café En Seine maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Bambi wrote: »
    Cafe Di Napoli do cracking coffee, staff can sometimes be a bit scatty when its busy.

There's a place called Fix on dawson street (where Costa Coffee used to be) does decent coffee, big enough and comfy enough to be a good place to sit down for a while too.

I've looked for this legendary coffee place on middle abbey street...never seen it :confused:
    I found that legendary coffee place recently, 3FE, it's on the ground floor of Twisted Pepper. It's well worth the walk. If you're a coffee afficionado, you'll love it! I love the whole story of how the business was set up, do go!

On the Grafton St. front - I absolutely love Brooks Hotel in Drury St. - one of my favourite spots. The lattes are lovely. It's usually quiet & calm if you want to chat. It's also great as a meet up spot for drinks. I love it!

I also like the Metro on South William St. though it can be crowded which is a good sign. The food is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Bewleys Bewleys Bewleys. Get a window or balcony seat.

Advertisement