Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American-Style Evangalism in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 2:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed this poster on the bus for the last few weeks
    HGS_flier_slideshow.jpg

I have to say its made me curious..in the US these sorts of gatherings are nothing but a crude means of extracting money from the "faithful" and it also seems to be largely directed at the immigrant community.
    http://www.rccgireland.org/index.php

Anybody got anymore info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

A friend of mine worked at that - I'll ask him what it was like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I have a Nigerian friend who is big into that, she is in college and working and has to pay her church money every so often. they have events with international 'superstar' preachers that fly over. Nigeria is a very religious and superstitious country, theres alot of corruption when it comes to religious leaders over there.

theres some of those events on in kildare somewhere too, prob in other counties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Several that I know of concerning our African friends. There is quite a big 'church' in JFK industrial,jammed to capacity several times a week. Another in cherryorchord features a full band and bad singers. I'm not sure if their evangilists, I do know their christen, they just practice it differently.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

They built a big place in Firhouse recently, a long thread about it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055660864&highlight=firhouse

Advertisement