Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamped on Charleville Rd outside Legion of Mary House

Options
  • 05-08-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Got clamped outside Legion of Mary House off North Circular Rd today on Cherleville road today. The ticket machine was about 150 yards up the road. Couldn't see it. I know it's my own fault for not looking further.

Wife who is expecting and our daughter were going to a breastfeeding group. Spoke to a friend and apparently he says in Irish Law a property extends to the middle of the road or inside the white line that runs down the middle of the road so technically I was on LOM property. Anyways, I'm going to write to them complaining about the distance of the machine from where I was parked.

Anyone think I have a case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Anyone think I have a case?
    No.

Though this is probably a better forum for such a discussion -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭pprendeville

could you transfer this thread into suggested forum category?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

think I have answer to ur dilema.
    U did not see the ticket machine, u did not notice that this forum is titled Accessibility & Mobility & Disability

solution, maybe u should have gone to specsavers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

It is obvious when parking whether or not you are in a "pay and display" area. There are white lines on the road. There will be a plate showing the times when parking must be paid for. After that it is a matter of locating the machine. Most people on seeing the pay and display signs try and park as near to the machine as possible.

Advertisement