Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

This is from official guide for the game that will probably be right next to the till when you go to buy the game.

2008043-picture_4_super.png

Notice the last bit about Catwoman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Don't forget his carrousel reversal spray :p

Or his trusty Bat-'Shark repellant spray'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

shark repellant spray is slightly more believable than carousel reversing spray :)

unless the carousel stuff is seriously compressed inside that can

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Varik wrote: »
    Batman always wins, be it Kryptonite, Radion, or pack of matches he has the right tool for the job.

Made me think of this:

The.Simpsons.S21E22.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

PC version has been delayed until November.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-20-pc-batman-arkham-city-delayed

Apparently, Warner Bros haven't given a reason for the delay as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well **** you Warner Brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Well that's the 360 or PC argument sorted.
    Cheers Warner Brothers!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well with BF3 and Rage hitting in October it's a pretty crowded month for PC focused games.

5uspect wrote: »
    Well with BF3 and Rage hitting in October it's a pretty crowded month for PC focused games.

It's crowded all the way to christmas on consoles. Gears of war 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, (enough with the threequels already!), Arkham City, Halo Anniversary, and lots more are all in the pipe before December. Thank god the summer lull is over!

I honestly am looking forward to playing all of them, but nothing is going to command the kind of time that AC is going to get. I'm so looking forward to that game. My November is going to be a write off over it. I just picked up Gears 3 yesterday to get me through till then. It's great so far, i'm really enjoying it, but it'll be going back in the box when AC is released. Only a month to go....

No one can beat Mark Hamill as Joker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I wonder did you notice Man Bat or Taila

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I saw this at Eurogamer Expo today running on 360. I didn't queue to play it as it would have taken forever and I'm happy to wait for the finished product and enjoy it fully.

IT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The lighting is much improved and it seemed to run very smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Sign up to IGN or ArkhamCity.co.uk as they are much better for the news and my name on IGN Batman Boards is Dylan.Nugent and ArkhamCity is DylanNugent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Joker pulled the trollface XD

The date for the first review has been announced/confirmed. Gamesmaster gets the exclusive again, in their December issue, on shelves October 10th, eleven days before the game hits the streets.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/318543/batman-arkham-city-review-in-next-games-master/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Also (and more interestingly) there's a rumour about them ALREADY having given it their "Hottest Game of 2011" award. Somebody's released a shot of the GAME cover artwork including a GM promo sticker mentioning the award.

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4948

In fairness, Gamesmaster gave AA a 96% back in 2009, which i though was a few percent on the generous side. I would expect them to top that by a percent or two for AC, the way it looks to be shaping up. There won't have been a game this year that can beat that score, and the December issue is the one where they will do their 2011 retrospective, so there's at least some credibility to the story.

All looking good for bat-fans then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

As tempting as it might be I warn you not to got to Kotaku.com. There's an Arkham City article there with a pretty big spoiler in the title. I actually find it disgraceful, and this kind of thing doesn't usually bother me when it comes to games.

As tempting as it might be I warn you not to got to Kotaku.com. There's an Arkham City article there with a pretty big spoiler in the title. I actually find it disgraceful, and this kind of thing doesn't usually bother me when it comes to games.

Exact same thing happened me. It's literally in big bold letters on their front page, and totally spoils a major plot point from the early parts of the game. Really god damn annoying to be spoiled like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Destructoid too. Same story, with same spoiler. Avoid! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

****ing wish I'd read this before I went there. Absolute sh1te bags, can't believe they did that.

• Advertisement

****ing wish I'd read this before I went there. Absolute sh1te bags, can't believe they did that.

What could you expect from them, big as they are neither acts professionally.

Destructoid have now changed their article title - so it is save to visit their front page (if you can cope with their other crap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

tinodz wrote: »
    Destructoid too. Same story, with same spoiler. Avoid! :mad:

it's
    Batman's Parents are dead
    isn't it.

it's
    Batman's Parents are dead
    isn't it.
    Ha, not quite.

It's actually
    Batman is Bruce Wayne!

That's it. I'm done with the interwebs until this game is out and I've completed the story mode.

Too many websites like the ones mentioned only care about getting a scoop and couldn't care less about player experience. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll avoid those sites like the plague from now on. Tossers.

A few more warnings...

Stephen Totilo has Tweeted the Kotaku article and the spoiler title is in his tweet. If you follow him on twitter, don't look at your feed.

Giant Bomb has posted their preview, and the spoiler in contained in their article without warning. It is not in the title though. IGN have a preview too, but they say it is spoilerish from the outset.

Even though it is easy to blame the sites involved. This is all Warner Bros fault IMO. They did not have to show that part of the game to press, and should have been smart enough to not include it in the event they showed the game at. PR has been terrible for this game since the outset anyway. Almost all the characters in the game, along with all the bosses have been revealed because the PR cannot seem to keep anything to themselves. This latest one is just the final tip of their stupidity

I am sure the developers are as pissed as we are to be honest. All the surprises and fun moments they put in the game are been ruined one by one.

tinodz wrote: »
    A few more warnings...

Stephen Totilo has Tweeted the Kotaku article and the spoiler title is in his tweet. If you follow him on twitter, don't look at your feed.

Giant Bomb has posted their preview, and the spoiler in contained in their article without warning. It is not in the title though. IGN have a preview too, but they say it is spoilerish from the outset.

Even though it is easy to blame the sites involved. This is all Warner Bros fault IMO. They did not have to show that part of the game to press, and should have been smart enough to not include it in the event they showed the game at. PR has been terrible for this game since the outset anyway. Almost all the characters in the game, along with all the bosses have been revealed because the PR cannot seem to keep anything to themselves. This latest one is just the final tip of their stupidity

I am sure the developers are a pissed as we are to be honest. All the surprises and fun moments they put in the game are been ruined one by one.
    As much as I blame the publisher it's not really excusable for each and every major publication out there to ignore what they are writing about and just go ahead and post major spoilers. They have to be held accountable for what they write. They dont have to divulge every bit of information they learn in the run up to the game's release and to do so like they did is really inexcusable imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've no problem with them writing about the plotline and revealing spoilers but to have a pretty major plot point like that as a quarter-page sized headline is a massive dick move.

At least give people the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm mad to know what it is but judging by the reactions here, i'm gonna stay well clear!

Advertisement