Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm mad to know what it is but judging by the reactions here, i'm gonna stay well clear!
    Sadly, you'll probably find out sooner rather than later.

Couldn't agree with you more super_furry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Man am I pissed at this, like a lot of people found out this HUGE plot spoiler by reading it in a giant idiotic headline. Surely rocksteady should of held off the sites doing this news until after the reviews in about 2-3 weeks then,even so this spoiler would be unexpectable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Kinda glad I spent yesterday finishing my thesis...spoiler avoided! Think it's time to start avoiding AC coverage in a big way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st review verdict is in from OPM

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/320937/batman-arkham-city-review-10/10-in-worlds-first-verdict/

Very big words. I think this is gonna be 'THE' game of the year, for me anyway.
    "Batman: Arkham City is not only the best superhero game ever made, it's one of the best games ever made full-stop," proclaims the mag.

"It takes the already superlative original and gloriously expands on it. It's a deeper game, more complex, more inventive, more mature. It brings the caped crusader's world to life better than any comic, movie or television show before it."

4th playable character revealed.
    http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5703

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Even though I am excited for the game beyond belief, that first exclusive review is filled with so much hyperbole that it is very easy to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If there are any more spoilers I may as well just forget buying the game and end up watching the cutscenes on Youtube or something. Jesus.

tinodz wrote: »
    Even though I am excited for the game beyond belief, that first exclusive review is filled with so much hyperbole that it is very easy to ignore.

Yup. I would take 5% off that score just because it came from an "official" publication, and because it seemed very light on detail.

Eitherway though, looks like it's set for a stellar reception. That's 2 out of 2 reviews I've heard of so far talking about a GOTY.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Is anyone getting the collectors edition?

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Is anyone getting the collectors edition?
    Nope. Got burned the last time with my non throwable batarang!
    I'm really only interested in the Steel Book editions of the game.

Anyone got a link for retailers selling the Steel Book versions of the game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Nope. Got burned the last time with my non throwable batarang!
    I'm really only interested in the Steel Book editions of the game.

Anyone got a link for retailers selling the Steel Book versions of the game?

HMV are getting the steel book I think, reminds me must preorder that. :D

Corkfeen wrote: »
    HMV are getting the steel book I think, reminds me must preorder that. :D
    Amazon have the Catwoman steel book for the PS3/360 With the Earth One DLC preorder bonus.

batman123.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Nice 1 will preorder that myself as the collectors edition doesn't interest me either

Anybody know what retailers have exclusive DLC over here? Was just in Gamestop and they have the batman beyond skin and a keying for pre-orders.

Wouldn't mind getting some exclusive challenge maps or something. The skins don't really interest me, I don't think any of them are as good as the original.

Shopto.net seem to have the Twoface Steel book edition but I've never used them before.
    Anybody know what retailers have exclusive DLC over here? Was just in Gamestop and they have the batman beyond skin and a keying for pre-orders.
    http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2751

Doesn't really tell you much yet, but I'd keep an eye on it as it might update.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Nightwing is the 4 playable person

Just posted this over on HUKD.ie
    EDIT: for an added bonus use 'HUT2' at the checkout for a further £2 off.

Thehut.com are selling Batman Arkham City for the PS3 and Xbox360 with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight on Bluray for €41 or so (£36.85).
    You can also get the DVD versions of the films (for £1 less)

The PC version is by far the cheapest coming in at about €30 for the game and the two blurays.

PS3 version with Blurays / with DVDs (£36.85/£35.85)
    Xbox 360 version with Blurays / with DVDs (£36.85/£35.85)
    PC version with Blurays / with DVDs(£24.85/£23.85)

Not too sure if any of these versions come with any of the announced DLC.

Since this is thehut.com we're talking about, I wouldn't be hoping for delivery on launch day but if you dont mind waiting a little while after launch and are in the market for a cheap game with some blurays, then this is right up your alley. The Hut had already some of the cheapest prices around for this game on it's own but with the Blurays/DVDs thrown in for an extra £1 or so this is a steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any chance anyone has seen the batman beyond skin in action, i was just thinking as this suit does not have a cape and flies using retractable wings what way will gliding work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Varik wrote: »
    Any chance anyone has seen the batman beyond skin in action, i was just thinking as this suit does not have a cape and flies using retractable wings what way will gliding work.

It would be super cool if the Beyond suit had retractable wings! Would they bother adding in a detail like that for though? I'd imagine they'll just get rid of the cape (but I'd be happy to be wrong!).

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭4ndroid

tinodz wrote: »

Yup. I would take 5% off that score just because it came from an "official" publication, and because it seemed very light on detail.

Eitherway though, looks like it's set for a stellar reception. That's 2 out of 2 reviews I've heard of so far talking about a GOTY.

The author of the review responding to negative criticism

http://www.eegra.com/pages/show/title/04_10_2011_Stop_being_jerks__jerks_/

Thread about it

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5768

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

First review from Playstation Australia magazine

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/batman-arkham-city

Nightwing is the 4 playable person

I posted that a few days ago here's a pic of him. http://www.myniritori.com/nightwing-revealed-arkham-city-screenshots/

4ndroid wrote: »
    The author of the review responding to negative criticism........

Wow! Sounds like someone's got a little sand in his vagina. That isn't going to bode well with his employer, regardless of his disclaimer at the beginning of it that it's his personal opinion only. You can't insult the sh1t out of the same readers who buy your magazine, call them idiots, jerks, and assholes, and then expect them to all think "oh well, there WAS a disclaimer" and just run out and buy the next issue as nomal. There will be professional consequences for him after this. If i lived in AU, i wouldn't be buying that magazine again until he wasn't a staffer any longer, and i would expect his bosses will understand that and will be taking action.

Aaaaanyways, none of this has done anything to lessen the potential of the game for me. If anything his little rant now makes me want to play it even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i wasn't going to get this until christmas and wait for uncharted instead, but I caved in and bought it on gamesnash. Is it the 21st yet??

How about now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Wow! Sounds like someone's got a little sand in his vagina. That isn't going to bode well with his employer, regardless of his disclaimer at the beginning of it that it's his personal opinion only. You can't insult the sh1t out of the same readers who buy your magazine, call them idiots, jerks, and assholes, and then expect them to all think "oh well, there WAS a disclaimer" and just run out and buy the next issue as nomal. There will be professional consequences for him after this. If i lived in AU, i wouldn't be buying that magazine again until he wasn't a staffer any longer, and i would expect his bosses will understand that and will be taking action.

Aaaaanyways, none of this has done anything to lessen the potential of the game for me. If anything his little rant now makes me want to play it even more.

I think he was perfectly right to say it, he didn't direct it at the readers anyway. A scan was leaked onto the internet before the mag came out and the forum idiots started accusing him of taking a payoff to give the game a good score, slandering his professional integrity. He is definitively entitled to defend himself.

forum idiots started accusing him of taking a payoff to give the game a good score, slandering his professional integrity. He is definitively entitled to defend himself.

Sure, but do it with the sanction of your editor, and don't call your readers idiots and jerks. That stuff has a bearing on his professional integrity too.

Play3 review of the game discussed on arkhamcity.co.uk

Lots and lots of spoilers/new info - BE WARNED!!!

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5863

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement