Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Arkham City Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

If anyone is thinking of buying the Collectors Edition - Amazon.co.uk appear to be the cheapest! it's £55 which works out at about €62 if you choose Super Saver delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

@sheehy83

The HMV pre-order bonus is available for Ireland, they have it advertised in-store in Grafton Street. Not sure how it works online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Game Informer review is in. Think just in the magazine at the moment.

Link

Score:
    10/10

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Game Informer review is in

REVIEW SPOILER AHEAD

Holy sheeite. "The best use of a license in the industry's history"??

That is a BIG plaudit. We might have something really special here. In the four reviews i've read so far, phrases like "game of the year", "one of the greatest games ever conceived", "near perfection", and now this, are being bandied around left right and centre. Im absolutely dying for next Friday now.
    GT_Dublin wrote: »
    What's everyone else planning to pick up and where?

I'm probably gonna go with GAME and the standard edition preorder, because I want that robin DLC, but not unless they're doing a midnight opening somewhere, because getting my hands on that game and pulling an all nighter is the number one priority :-). Otherwise it'll just be Gamestop wherever they're open at 12 o clock.

Am not too pushed about the batman skins. Nothing I've seen looks better than the standard skin, so I'll probably just get them as DLC when the pack releases in December. A batman begins skin would have had me at hello, but I guess it wasn't to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'm probably gonna go with GAME and the standard edition preorder, because I want that robin DLC, but not unless they're doing a midnight opening somewhere, because getting my hands on that game and pulling an all nighter is the number one priority :-). Otherwise it'll just be Gamestop wherever they're open at 12 o clock.

Am not too pushed about the batman skins. Nothing I've seen looks better than the standard skin, so I'll probably just get them as DLC when the pack releases in December. A batman begins skin would have had me at hello, but I guess it wasn't to be.

Not sure whether to get it in game or gamestop, want the beyond skin but the robin stuff as well as nightwing dlc will be $7 each, and 5 for the pack of skins.

if get it in game i have to pay $7 for the 1 dlc and may not buy the skins, but in gamestop i get batman beyond and have to later pay $14

It is only preorder or any purchases from these 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I have no interest in the skins really. Would only use different skins on a second playthrough. The Robin DLC looks class tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Picked up a copy of Gamesmaster today, they did a good job on the review trying to avoid spoilers. For your own sakes, avoid even watching gameplay at this point.

The start, middle, end, and majority of characters and events are on embargo until the game actually comes out apparently.

Ya I managed to avoid that major spoiler going round. Since then, I havn't read any previews/reviews or watched any gameplay. Roll on next Friday!!!!

Varik wrote: »
    if get it in game i have to pay $7 for the 1 dlc and may not buy the skins, but in gamestop i get batman beyond and have to later pay $14

It is only preorder or any purchases from these 2.

Its only preorder as far as i know. You dont get it if you just show up.

That was my reasoning too. Why preorder at gamestop for a skin i dont care much about and will probably end up re-buying later as part of the skins pack anyway, when i could pre-order with GAME and get the robin DLC which i definitely want, and would have to wait 6 weeks and pay $7 for otherwise?

I will be at wherever opens at midnight on 21.10.11, but if i can find a GAME that's opening late, all the better. I'll call a couple of their shops on monday and post back, and then im going on total radio silence until i've finished the story. Release day is tuesday in the US so there will be all sorts of idiots posting spoilers online all week. Ill be raging if any other surprises get out before i get a chance to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Game is £39,99, what's that likely to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Varik wrote: »
    Game is £39,99, what's that likely to be?

€45 to €50. If you plan to get the Robin DLC, GAME is probably your best option.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I just did a search on Steam & there's no sign of Arkham City (though Asylum is still available). Was there any announcement about this, I find it strange you can't get it online.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well if you buy a new nVidia card you get an Arkham City code that you redeem through Steam. It's odd that it's not listed tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

any scans of the reviews floating about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

pixelburp wrote: »
    I just did a search on Steam & there's no sign of Arkham City (though Asylum is still available). Was there any announcement about this, I find it strange you can't get it online.

Isn't Arkham City a Games for Windows Live game? Thought that was announced a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Isn't Arkham City a Games for Windows Live game? Thought that was announced a while back.
    The last one was anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yeah, it was announced that it wasn't, then it was and I'm not really sure if they announced if it wasnt going to be GFWL in the end. There's a thread over on the Steam forums for Arkham Alylum talking about how Arkham City isnt GFWL.
    The codes for the copy you get with graphics cards is definitely a Steam code so I'd imagine it will eventually be available on Steam. My gues is that you wont be able to but it until release day.
    But why anyone would want to pay €50 for a game just so they can have it on Steam (when it almost certainly doesnt use steamworks) when you can get it for under €30 is astounding to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes but so was Aslyum and you can still get it on Steam - it's still there in the store, which is why I was confused there was no sign of the sequel. I was presuming you could pre-order it, but yeah, there's no sign.

Sending some games off to Gamesnash for trade in tomorrow and will prebook this with em next week once the credit gets put on my account. Get it delivered to work so I can head straight home Friday evening and load it up, no messing round going to shops. GOTY incoming!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Does it use Fade like last time?
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95030

360 version has already appeared on torrent sites. Ooof!

Yikes. That's me avoiding the interweb for the next week or 2 then :eek:. It'll be spoilers a-go-go for the next while....

Hope you all enjoy the game. I'll be back here in a few weeks, once i'm done with the story mode, to get some challenge mode tips and tricks.

By the way, for anybody who's after the robin DLC like me, GAME have it, and are not doing a midnight opening at any of their stores, it's just normal opening hours next day, but they tell me if you pre-order with them you will definitely get your copy on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

All German shops have broken the street date thats why it's now everywhere haha

Safe to say avoid all youtube videos unless you want the story spoiled :pac:

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    All German shops have broken the street date thats why it's now everywhere haha

Safe to say avoid all youtube videos unless you want the story spoiled :pac:
    You serious? It's out in Germany? Crazy if it's true. I'm sure Rocksteady are not too happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Yup - It was on the arkham city forums where the community manager said there will be serious repercussions if German stores sold the game early.. This was 2 days ago.

That didn't stop them sending pre orders out and are now as of today just selling it early in most if not all the shops. Bit unusual to send the game out to stores over a week before it's released anyway is it not.

Edit- Should have added that the reason the Rocksteady community manager commented on it was because a german store announced on their facebook page to be selling the game today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman
    Whats this fúcking obsession with DLC Codes for this game. Catwoman dlc, Robin dlc, Challenge maps dlc & skins. Pissing me right off won't have Live back until next year so I was hoping they'd avoid this shìt.

Man Germany gonna be suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuued!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-13-batman-online-pass-unlocks-catwoman
    Whats this fúcking obsession with DLC Codes for this game. Catwoman dlc, Robin dlc, Challenge maps dlc & skins. Pissing me right off won't have Live back until next year so I was hoping they'd avoid this shìt.

You'll probably get them in a cheaper bundle! Always an upside!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Just spotted in HMV on Grafton Street that if you trade in Rage, you get Batman:Arkham City for €1.99, offer good until the 27th! Now to finish Rage before next Friday...

Advertisement